Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those who have had customers call their personal number, how the heck do these people get those numbers to begin with?

The only customers of mine that have my phone number are the ones that I hang out with socially! And not one of them has called me with inappropriate customer questions. Inappropriate questions, yes. That's the kind of people I hang out with, after all. But not inappropriate customer questions.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

A has a work phone and a home phone; the customer called on the work phone.

She's self-employed, so she has full rights to fire any customer she wants to.
      Seshat's self-help guide:
      1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
      2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
      3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
      4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
        While teachers are allocated a classroom budget for stationery and whatnot, I have been advised by my mentor teacher to start making resources.
        Quoth MoonCat View Post
        One teacher I know said each teacher in his school was given $200 to use for additional supplies (books were supplied by the school system). That $200 was supposed to last for the entire school year.
        I've been teaching for 6 years. The only year I was given money for my classroom was my first one, where I was given $200, but it was only allowed to be spent in a certain 2 month period well into the school year, so it was after I bought everything I needed out of my pocket. I spend about $3000 that year, after being given about $2000-3000 worth of supplies by retired teachers.

Every year after that I've been given nothing at all and no supplies aside from a couple rolls of butcher paper to be shared with all teachers, 1 roll of laminate to be shared with all teachers, and a box of printing/copying paper (I think 10 reams?). No office supplies, no storage supplies, no experiments, no math manipulatives, no games, no chart paper, no posters, no notecards, nothing. I spend an average of $1000-1800 a year on my classroom...almost a month's salary.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
          While teachers are allocated a classroom budget for stationery and whatnot, I have been advised by my mentor teacher to start making resources.

I am already making up flashcards for my students for my next placement (R-2 Special Needs Class: 8 kids)
          Quoth Pixilated View Post
          That is truly pathetic, that it has trickled down to the school system.
          Back when I was a kid in Vancouver, there was at least a 50% chance that I'd have a substitute teacher when Eaton's or Woodward's (RIP both chains) had $1.49 day. Yep - getting supplies.
          Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
          X