This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are... Are you being serious?

Remembered this while at wally mart today; I suppose it's a sighting, not too sure and it's from a couple years back.

But let's start with today where it was just a slight annoyance probably amplified in my mind from the fact that I'm just super cranky today (tired).

I'm at checkout and I just didn't like how the cashier was bagging. 'Tis all. Just my own cranky attitude popping up. Didn't react negatively outside of my mind though. Until I got into the car and just pointed out all the things I felt she did wrong to my friend.

1) The cashier didn't double bag the gallon of milk but when I went to double bag it myself, my friend already grabbed it and put it into the cart - seriously, Juju, you need to... ugh... nevermind.

2) The cashier did double bag the cartons of milk and juice and I'm going... why didn't you do that for the heavier one that'll more likely rip than--whatever...

3) Asked if I wanted to have the 6-pack of the soda I got to be bagged... um, yes? Otherwise I'm going to have a lot of problems carrying everything and-- "Oh! No, thank you ^^" is what came out instead because it was easier to say that in a light tone than risking sounding like an entitled b* when saying, "Yes, please" since being in the cranky mood, it would've been something like "UHH, duh? Of course I do."
    ...I don't know why this bothers me so much the most...

4) When she was done bagging at the end, and my friend Juju and I already grabbed all the groceries except the last ones she bagged.... she just stood there staring at me to pay and I did, but she just stood there and not turn the bagging spinner thing towards my friend and I so we could grab the last bags.
    I had to step forward, and pull the bagging station towards me in order to get the last bags and while I was putting the bags into the cart, I saw her literally shove the receipt at my friend to hurry up and take it.

Okay, lady, I'm sure you've had a rough shift but seriously this is just... no. Ugh. Am I just being cranky over this? Are these just mild annoyances that have been amplified and I'm just being super overly picky????

--

Anyways, onwards to what I remembered from a few years ago. It was the week before school started in... I think it was junior year of High School. I was doing a emergency run for two notebooks that were on sale for like 50cents each. I get in line and notice that EVERYONE has at least one whole cartfull of groceries... at 1am at night... everyone.

I patiently wait in line while my aunt gets pissy in the car but it's not really something I can control...
    After waiting behind two cartfulls of people, it's finally getting to my turn in line and now I'm just waiting for the person in front of me to pay and roll away.
    Behind me is a young couple, probably in their early twenties with about two overflowing cartfulls of groceries (may have been three, but I do most definitely remember at least two) and they call for my attention.
    I turn around and look at them
    One of them, I think the guy asks, "Hey, can we go ahead of you? We have beer and it's about to turn 2am."

I have only TWO 50cents notebooks... TWO IN YOUR FACE. And it's your own goddamn fault for coming to the supermarket so late and to get all that. And we have what, thirty minutes? twenty? I'm sure that even if you did go first, you wouldn't be able to buy your alcohol IN TIME and I'd have to wait even longer while my aunt gets pissier and I get the brunt of her wrath and--besides that, I ONLY HAVE TWO THINGS. TWO. AND IT'S YOUR OWN FAULT THAT YOU CAME LATE AND GOT SO MUCH STUFF AND NO, YOU DO NOT NEED THE ALCOHOL AND JEEZ, I'M SO SORRY THAT EVERYONE ELSE CAME TO GET A LOT OF STUFF AND--

"Um, no, I only have two things?" I turned around, gave the cashier my notebooks, and left within two minutes.
    Seriously.
    How could you even have the audacity to ask.
    Seriously.
    Just.
    Go away and disappear. Your level of intelligence and lack of manners is not needed.

Last edited by iPanda; 12-27-2012, 04:01 AM.

Story 1 - it's hard to say. Although I do respect the fact that you considered that it could have been you or her due to your mood.

story 2 - exactly. his lack of planning is not an emergency on your part. as much as i like beer, it is NOT a necessity. I would consider a notebook for school work to be MUCH more important than sucking down booze. ESPECIALLY since they had an overflowing cart.

That right there is their own personal problem.

Comment

for the first story...i always ask people if they want something heavy bagged, like milk or 6packs of soda or detergent or what have you....some people do and some people don't...and I ask because I know people are different and to accommodate to what the customers want. Don't be afraid of asking for things to be double bagged. I know I personally don't mind and would rather the customer be happy. I know some prefer their stuff be double bagged because they live in a second or third story apartment.

As far as not turning the spinner to give you the last bag, I know the store I work at, we are timed on how long it takes to scan the items, and how long it takes the customers to pay, so they may have been trying to get you to pay to help their time and then turned the spinner to give you your last bags. Just sayin'....

As for the second story, seriously those people are idiots, cause for one it's their own fault for not planning better. Secondly you only had two items and it takes less than a minute or two to check out.
      Last edited by pltkcelestial18; 12-27-2012, 07:16 PM.

Comment

When I worked at WM, I didn't bag gallons of milk, because most people didn't want them bagged and customers would give me hell if I dared to use a bag they didn't want. For those that did want bags, they'd simply ask and I'd be happy to oblige them. The bags were quite strong, so long as they weren't punctured or torn, so a single bag was sufficient for a gallon of milk. Those cartons of milk/juice with sharp corners? Those babies were double-bagged, to prevent them from splitting apart.

I'm sorry you were cranky and were feeling rushed out of there. But it was nice of you to not take it out on the retail peon.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

I'm not much of one to react outwardly. If I have a problem, I try to analyze why I had a problem and if it was something that was out of my control and it could be corrected, I approach the right people about it.

I also totally forgot another point on the first happening.

She went to back a few of the remaining items and I had gotten some christmas themed baggies with some sparkles and other things attached to it, some gift tissues and some printer paper. She put the baggies and tissue in first and then put the printer paper ontop of it; not to the side, and not ontop of it after making sure the first few items were laying flat. Needless to say that the baggies were weirdly bent. The tissues were folded/bent too but they're meant to be crumbled so it doesn't really matter.
          But why would you put something so bulky and heavy in last?

Remembered that when I went to use the baggies today =A=

Comment

Working...
          X