This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New computer no ethernet

Hubby's built a new computer and is having issues.

Specs are:
    Items Ordered
    Gigabyte 760G, AMD FX-6100 X6 95W AM3+ Processor, 8GBs Kingston HyperX Red 1600MHz DDR3 ram, MSI Radeon HD 5450 1GB Video Card, Toshiba 1TB HDD

He was able to boot it and install the OS (Win 7). He's installed all the drivers. The thing is, it can't seem to detect it's own ethernet port, which are directly on the motherboard. I skimmed his BIOS settings, and at a glance they all look good. I'm far from being a BIOS expert, though. Any tips or advice on where to look for the issue would be appreciated.

We did try to install an ethernet card, but it can't seem to find that either.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

You'll be able to find drivers here. http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=3276#dl

Comment

Solved for now. Hubby reinstalled the drivers. He told me he'd already done that. He lied. Guess what solved the issue?
      Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
        Solved for now. Hubby reinstalled the drivers. He told me he'd already done that. He lied He's a man. Guess what solved the issue?
        Editted for a truth for some approximation of reality.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
        X