This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SC inflicted on my by sucky coworker

I was finishing up with my last custy before I was going to go potty and then go back to the salesfloor, so I shut my light off. About 30 seconds after that I saw a woman coming up my way out of the corner of my eye. I thought, "Too bad, you weren't even by the lanes when I shut the light off." I got done and started to walk away, not looking back, when my coworker told me I had a customer. I really didn't; she had walked up to an empty lane with no light on. I really hate that! I had to go back and serve her because I knew my boss would not back me up. (Why do we even have lane lights??!?) To make it worse, I was holding my pee while she proceeded to hand me items one at a time, slowly, and hem and haw over whether she wanted them. I ended up with a bad speed score because of that. Ugh.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Why are there even lane lights? No one pays attention to them. I know the store I shop at most, when they turn off their light, the are allowed to politely tell the last person in line that they are last and ask them to tell that to anyone who tries to get in line behind them. And, here's the real shocker, their supervisors actually back them up on this!!!!!! If you get in line with the light off, you're told to go to a different lane. (This may have something to do with the strict laws surrounding breaks for minors and the large number of high school students this chain employs. They really can't bugger up their schedule. But who cares if the results are being achieved?)
    And why do they keep the employees in a cage? The same reason they keep lions, tigers and bears in a cage, to keep them from culling the herd. -Dark Psion

Comment

People tend to ignore things that they do not agree with. This includes signs, lights, slippery floors, and annoying employees.

Oh, they ignore those pesky laws too, who are politicians and why do they tell them what to do? Of course, if someone else breaks the law they are the first ones to whine and complain.
      "Employees can make or break any business, so treat them with respect. Job satisfaction has little to do with money. Discover what it has to do with and make sure they get it."

Comment

Back in my day I was able to tell people to go to another line, although I would kind of us discretion on that. But our breaks were pretty tightly controlled and didn't want to screw that up too much.

Comment

My floor supervisors and managers don't seem to mind if we tell customers we're closed....but then again....i don't think i've ever had a customer complain about a register being closed.

At SCO, each register has a light above it saying if it's open or working or what have you, and occasionally those lights burn out because I don't think employees turn them off very often....and customers notice then that the light's off and I have to tell customers that the register's working but the light's just burnt out.

But when I actually turn one off because I'm rebooting it or closing it or holding it for a customer* or cleaning one or putting bags on it, customers seem to swarm to that one, even when there's 5 other SCO registers open.

I know it's probably because they see an employee there, and I redirect people away from it, it's like they want to do the opposite of what you want them to do. XD

*if a customer forgot their wallet in the car or an item, i'll take control of a register and usually wait a few minutes for them to come back, but only if it's slow. If it's busy i'll suspend the order or have them pay for the things they have and send them through the line again with what they forgot.

Comment

Working...
          X