This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird restaurant experience

My BF and I went to a chain restaurant in town - one we've been to maybe 3 times now. I'll call it "Edgar's"*.

Well Edgar's was having a New Year's special advertised online, that ran from the 28th through the 3rd IIRC. But when we got there, the menu had no mention of it.

So my BF asked the server, and the server was going to check. In the meantime we ordered an appetizer platter.

The appetizer arrived but without plates. The bread arrived too. No plates.

The answer was "no" for the meals - my BF questioned it (politely still) and showed the dates listed. She was going to check... but before she left we asked her for plates for the appetizer.

She grabbed one from an unoccupied and I handed it to him thinking she was just getting us one. Then she grabbed another one for us and went off to talk to the manager.

At this point I was feeling it was a bit sucky service, but still redeemable. My BF was getting a little irritated but kept his composure polite. He asked me if I'd be OK with paying for our appetizers & drinks and leaving if they said "no" which surprised me but OK.

The server came back to let us know another server would be taking over.

Not really sure what happened there but ... she wasn't going off shift. Our new server was rather polite though, so I'm thinking it was just a bad day for the first one or something like that.

At any rate both women got a relatively nice tip. The new server was polite and attentive so we weren't going to shaft her just because the first one was a bit off.

My BF & I discussed it quietly and then I saw the first server bringing the food to the table next to us...

Me: Maybe it's a good thing they switched servers.
    Him: Why?
    Me: I'll tell you about it in the car...

The first server... was carrying the other table's platter and had placed it on her shoulder. Right at the level of her shoulder-length hair.

Yeah we probably should have told the management but at that point we just wanted to go home.

* O yeah I forgot to say why I called it "Edgar's". Cos I haven't put all my Halloween decorations away yet. Well, rather... I still have one I left out: Edgar the fake raven. He's chilling out next to my desk.

I once saw a server picking up bowls of chilli by the rim and dunking his thumb in the food in the process. What did he do next? Licked his thumb off, then picked up the next bowl the same way. Then he carried the tray to the table right under his chin, breathing on it all the way to the table.

I told management, and made darn sure we got a different person to wait on us!

Comment

One time some friends and I were on vaycay in LA. before going to Disneyland we stopped off to grab some breakfast at Denny's. Upon being greeted by our hostess we noticed a long, clear, slippery, rope or drip of SNOT drip out of her nose and hang there before she snorted it back up. My friend turned away shaking with laughter. I being more sensible and not a total idiot quietly asked the manager for a new hostess (snot free). But yeah. we got our new hostess and was seated and served promptly. and because of the nastieness of the drip, we got our meal free.
      NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Comment

Did she put your app directly on the table? Because I'd be leaving right there! Or did you mean the app was on a platter but there were no individual plates?
        It is a terrible thing to see and have no vision.
        -Helen Keller

I got this av from Court Records, made by Croik!

Comment

Working...
        X