Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yes, even the swimming instructors need to be kept safe too!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's something for all y'all that like it cold -

It got down to -36F at Angel Fire, NM Thurs night/Fri morning. (Their high was 25F yesterday. One our patented insane temperature variations.)

Is that cold enough?
    It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Quoth AmbrosiaWriter View Post
      Count me as one of those people who prefer cold to heat. When I'm cold I love bundling up and being all comfy in a heavy comforter... When I'm hot I can only get so naked before it is socially unacceptable, lol.
      Same here; it's one of the reasons we moved from the Arizona desert to the Pacific Northwest. I must say, it's been nasty cold lately, even the heavy comforter isn't enough. Still, I'll take it over 111 F, especially for months on end!
      I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
      My LiveJournal
      A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Pagan View Post
        Is that cold enough?
        NEVER!
        *cackle* I WAS BIRTHED FROM A GLACIER AND BLOODED IN THE CLAN OF POLAR BEARS~!

To be more honest, and less crazy, my body generates crazy amounts of heat (I do not know why, @_@) so covering up and I become a walking, talking furnace.

My friends like to stick their cold hands up my shirt against my stomach/back because I generate so much heat. Typically ends up with them getting a good smack because "COLD FREAKING HANDS."
        My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
        It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

To be more honest, and less crazy, my body generates crazy amounts of heat (I do not know why, @_@) so covering up and I become a walking, talking furnace.
          Furnace?

*Scooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooots over*

Furnace?

*Cuddles*

Furnace!

Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

I have to wonder how Flea-Bit feels at RW cuddling up to a human furnace?

Also, one thing I noticed today that I am VERY grateful for:

The two pools that are closest to me (not including the one I train at) are what's known as "Watch Around Water" facilities. Basically, parents can't use the pools as a dumping ground.

-If you're under 5, your parent/guardian needs to get in the water with you. You also need to be within arms reach.
            -If you're between the ages of 5-10, you need to go in with your kid and stay within eye contact of them at all times.
            -I think up until the age of 13-14, you still need to be supervised.

But the best part is that the lifeguards have the authority to kick anyone out for safety reasons
            And parents can't complain because plastered everywhere (and I do mean EVERYWHERE-I go past at least 10-15 of them when I'm at the pool) are the same warnings.
            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth RetailWorkhorse View Post
              *Cuddles*

Furnace!

You are not the first, nor last to cuddle up/latch on for the benefit of squishy, warm, cuddla-ble furnace. I get comments all the time about how I'm way better than a space heater. Heck, even my dogs will snuggle with me before anyone else when its cold out.

*Puts pink ribbons in mane and tail.*
              My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
              It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Quoth fireheart View Post
                I have to wonder how Flea-Bit feels at RW cuddling up to a human furnace?
                Since he likes cold weather and I like scorching weather, he's okay with it.

*Puts pink ribbons in mane and tail.*
                *Flops hand at lazily and mutters*

Cut that out, pink ho-*YAWN*-horrible in red hair. Zzzzzzzz

Now a member of that alien race called Management.

Yeah, you see that right. Pink. Harness.

Comment

Working...
                X