This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Let me in!!!"

Last night was a very very VERY quiet shift. I have never seen the place so empty. On a Sunday, we usually close at 1am, but the manager was walking around the place, and was fed up because there were only two people in the bar, so he decided to close up at 11pm. This would save a lot of hours and money, because the amount of money being brought in was a lot less than what he was paying for us to be there.

So, we close at 11pm, everyone is out, great stuff. We get our drinks and sit down and relax.

We hear the doors shaking, then another set, then another. Then the windows are being battered on.

Manager: Ignore them. They'll go away.

They didnt go away. Four customers, all very drunk, battering on the windows and shouting for us to let them in. I recognised these four, they are very annoying regulars who basically come in and trash the place once we've tidied everything up. No way in hell were they getting in.

The manager waves at them, then carries on drinking.

SC: LET US IN!
    Manager goes up to the window.
    Manager: I'm sorry, I didn't quiet catch that?
    SC: LET US IN!
    Manager: Sorry, we're closed.
    SC: No you're not! You don't close til 1am! It's only 11:45!
    Manager: I'm sorry, we're closed.
    SC: WHY???
    Manager: I dont need to give you an explaination.
    SC: YES YOU DO! I WILL BE TAKING THIS UP WITH YOUR MANAGER!
    Manager: I am the manager. This is MY bar, and I will close whenever I like. Thank you.
    SC: LET US THE F**K IN!! WE WANT TO DRINK!!
    Manager: I'm sorry? I can't hear you? What did you say?
    The manager returns and sits with us. The four customers stood outside for 20 minutes, looking very confused as we sat and enjoyed our drinks.

Yay Manager! *hands over Noddy badge* well done there wish I could've been there to see their faces
    The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Why not just call the cops and let them get hauled away for public intoxication???

Comment

Not by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin!
        "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
          Not by the hair on my chinny-chin-chin!
          Then I'll huff!
          And I'll puff!
          AND I'LL CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL the media!
          Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

GAH!

We had something similar last night. this woman called and asked what time we closed I told her, "In 15 minutes." She says she's going to try and make it. She didn't but she only BARELY missed it. The SM locked the door and within seconds (she must have been running across the parking lot when he locked it) she was outside shaking the doors.

her: "LET ME IN!"
            SM: "We're closed."
            Her: "THE GIRL ON THE PHONE SAID 15 MINUTES! I MADE IT! LET ME IN!"
            SM: "We're closed! The computers are down and I have no way to check out customers!"
            Her: "I just want to trade this movie!"
            SM: "I CAN'T do anything for you now! We're closed!"

Anyway- they bantered for a moment and as he was walking away she was fiercely shaking the doors. Then she went around and punched the window behind me. Perhaps she thought she could punch through? NOT!

We get back to the office and the phone rings I say, "It's her."
            SM answers with the standard greeting that includes first name.
            Her: "Thanks! Now I know your name! *CLICK!*"

SM laughs as he's putting the receiver down and says, "Please do call corporate and tell them that I wouldn't let you in after close. Just one more thing they can praise me for."
            "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
            HellGate: London

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
              Then I'll huff!
              And I'll puff!
              AND I'LL CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL the media!
              Yay! Media! I couldn't think of any way to adapt the saying.
              *hugs, offers a peanut butter and chocolate chip cookie*
              "I call murder on that!"

Comment

Quoth NightAngel View Post
                GAH!

We had something similar last night. this woman called and asked what time we closed I told her, "In 15 minutes." She says she's going to try and make it. She didn't but she only BARELY missed it. The SM locked the door and within seconds (she must have been running across the parking lot when he locked it) she was outside shaking the doors.
                <snip>
                SM laughs as he's putting the receiver down and says, "Please do call corporate and tell them that I wouldn't let you in after close. Just one more thing they can praise me for."
                I forsee a sucky customer lying about their tardy arrival time and me-thinks perhaps a sniveling little wimp at corporate getting the call, apologizing and sending a gift card for her troubles.
                I know I'm laughing but it's really not funny. - Me
                "I was in the hall. I know, because I was there." - Clue

Comment

CRML, doesn't your state have a law against serving/selling alcohol to obviously drunk people?
                  Unseen but seeing
                  oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                  There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                  3rd shift needs love, too
                  RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth ShortTemperHatesStupidity View Post
                    I forsee a sucky customer lying about their tardy arrival time and me-thinks perhaps a sniveling little wimp at corporate getting the call, apologizing and sending a gift card for her troubles.
                    Nope. They'll just pull up the computer log time for when the last register was closed out.
                    Not to mention that we've got security tapes, etc. to prove the time.
                    "I don't want any part of your crazy cult! I'm already a member of the public library and that's good enough for me, thanks!"

~TechSmith 314
                    HellGate: London

Comment

Quoth BeckySunshine View Post
                      CRML, doesn't your state have a law against serving/selling alcohol to obviously drunk people?
                      Oh yeah, we have those laws and policies, but it makes the story all the more amusing

Comment

Quoth Juwl View Post
                        Yay! Media! I couldn't think of any way to adapt the saying.
                        *hugs, offers a peanut butter and chocolate chip cookie*
                        OoooOOooh! Sugar sugar~
                        Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
                          OoooOOooh! Sugar sugar~
                          Dnt dnt dnt dnt, da da!
                          Oh, honey honey!
                          Dnt dnt dnt dnt, da da!
                          I'll be your candy girl, but only because you made me remember this song.
                          "I call murder on that!"

Comment

We have a metal security sliding door. We lock it. Well this one idiot walked past my buddie and I, after we were close. He stood at the door looking at, and then looks down, and then tries to pull the lock apart. And when we told him that we were closed, he started cursing up a storm. He told us that we better let him in, and that he is going to corporate on us, and get us fired. My buddy simply told him that he owns the place, and that we are closed. Also for him to leave. And yes, it happened today.
                            Under The Moon Paranormal Research
                            San Joaquin Valley Paranormal Research

Comment

To OP manager...

Well done !!
                              "I reject your reality and substitute my own"....Adam Savage-Mythbuster

Must remember to stop using "brain of death" on slower morons.... I meant customers.

Comment

Working...
                              X