This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I didn't think this through...

Short background, since I was last active on the forums, I took up cooking. Nothing too fancy, but I've figured out how to make some good food, and I tend to experiment a lot to make yummy things...but I completely derped on this one.

See, I made a delicious pork loin meal, complete with a special sauce, along with pasta and veggies for dinner earlier this week. It was so good, I made some extra, and took it with me to work on the graveyard shift, since hell, why not?

So I'm at work, I get hungry, and I pop it in the microwave for Round 2 of delicious meal time, and everything's great. Then, I start feeling weird. And tired.

What the hell?

I mean, I got enough sleep, my sleep schedule is firmly set to Graveyard Shift now, I haven't been sleepy on this shift in weeks and there's hours to go. What the heck is happening? I stand up to stretch...and immediately realize what I've done.

I just ate a pork and pasta meal. With veggies.

And sauce.

Sauce made with a shit ton of wine, that only simmered about 15 minutes.

Which, for those who don't cook, means about 40-50% of the alcohol was probably still in it. And I just reintroduced it (via pasta, which absorbed a ton of sauce) on an empty stomach. Whoops.

Thankfully, my buzz wore off after about an hour or so, but I was facepalming all night at how I hadn't considered what I was eating. So I guess I can never say I haven't had alcohol at work any more, even if it was accidental

"That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
    "What IS fun to fight through?"
    "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Woops! Sounds like it was a tasty, tasty meal, though.
    You're only delaying the inevitable, you run at your own expense. The repo man gets paid to chase you. ~Argabarga

Comment

It is. Totally worth feeling like an idiot for
      "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
      "What IS fun to fight through?"
      "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

LOL.

I wasn't there, but I heard about one Thanksgiving at a friend's place about a decade ago. The edges of the cranberry sauce were burning in the oven, so the mom covered it with foil. ....The alcohol couldn't evaporate. Everyone got buzzed. It was, allegedly, a Turkey Day for the ages.
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Working...
        X