This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My favorite customer...

Well I was working at a huge electronics store chain for one of my part time jobs during community college...I hated the job, but it had to be done. Anyway:

I was told to come over and help stock things in the electronic components department, so I did.

CM: Crappy Manager
    CC: Cool Customer
    Me

CC: Excuse me, could you help me with a hard drive?
    Me: Did you ask someone over by the podium for help?
    CC: Yes, but it looks like they are all busy.
    *With the line it looks like they wouldn't get to anyone anytime soon*
    Me: Ok, what do you need?
    *So I help him buy a very expensive hard drive and send him on his way and that's when my manager steps in.*
    CM: Did you just help that customer?
    Me: Yes, he said he needed help and no one at the podium was going to get to him anytime soon.
    CM: *She starts getting angry*I TOLD YOU TO STOCK THINGS, NOT HELP A CUSTOMER!!!
    Me: Ok, well sorry.
    *At this point the customer comes back*
    CC: Did your manager just yell at you for helping me?
    Me: Oh it's no problem, don't worry about it.
    *CC walks up to the manager and starts yelling at her for yelling at me*
    * I then get called into her office for not listening to her*

It's funny because our training video and our supervisors always say that customers come first no matter what. Anyway, I later found out that the customer told the store manager about her and got her fired. Hated her so much.

* I then get called into her office for not listening to her*
    Sounds more like she yelled at you because she was butthurt that the customer defended you.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
      Sounds more like she yelled at you because she was butthurt that the customer defended you.
      Yeah that's most likely true, but using "not listening to her" as an excuse haha.

Comment

That customer is awesome! Really now, you make an expensive sale and the manager actually has the nerve to lose her shit for something so simple? You've got to be kidding me.
        Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

Working...
        X