This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Hate Circular Arguments

So I get a call from User T who has a problem. She'd gotten an automated message stating that she'd been added to ... I guess it's kind of like an internal newsfeed for The Client. Basically her meetings, blogposts, etc. would be visible to other people on the newsfeed, and vice versa. She had no idea what this was about and tracked down the person who had added her to it, who apologized, saying he'd meant to add User D (similar first name and same last name, no relation) to the newsfeed and said he'd take User T off of it.

User T wanted to know how she could be sure that she was removed from this newsfeed group. I admitted to her this was the first I'd heard of this newsfeed service within The Client-- ITSD doesn't use anything like that-- and said I'd have to send the question to her close support team. User T told me her close support team was with her and had told her to call us.

MINI-RANT -- I HATE WHEN CLOSE SUPPORT DOES THIS. ITSD does not know everything, and in the absence of any clue where a ticket is supposed to go, nine times out of ten, we'll send it to the user's close support team. And occasionally, they'll then call us and ask what they're supposed to do. END MINI-RANT.

User T and I then went around in a circle about this. She needed to know how she can be sure her information wasn't put out there for other users to see, but I had no way to give her that assurance, and it kept coming back to the fact that this is the sort of thing her close support should have been able to help her with, but they had told her to call us.

She did eventually grudgingly accept that I had no way to help her out, but she was clearly as frustrated as I was.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

sounds evil... ususally when support teams pass of people it's cause they don't know wtf to do or how to do it so yea... just makes them look bad and the whole process painful. sux that's such a recurring thing.

Comment

Working...
    X