This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Safeway Super Cashier

I shop fairly frequently at the Safeway near The Client, to pick up dinner on days when I don't bring it in myself, get disposable plates and flatware, etc.

There's a cashier there who is an absolute riot and I love going through his line. He talks constantly, and is quick with a joke. He also, according to the numerous tags hanging from his name badge, speaks about a dozen languages.

No lie, while in line today, he was finishing up a woman's order, and bid her goodbye (clearly in reference to some joke he'd made with her before I got there)

SSC: "Domo arigatou, Mrs. Roboto."
    Her: "If that's the only Japanese you know, then--"
    SSC: <instant rapid stream of Japanese>
    Everyone In Line:

He's awesome. Loves a good joke. The other day, he was joking about his age (he doesn't look that old to me, but whatever) with another customer.

SSC: "I'm so old."
    Him: "How old are you?"
    SSC: "When Moses parted the Red Sea, I was on the other side fishing."
    J2K: "You remember when the Dead Sea was just sick?"
    SSC: "I'mma have to remember that one."

I love this guy. Besides all the jokes, he he's also fast, efficient, will easily explain to some of the customers he gets how their coupons were applied, and keeps the line moving.
    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Sounds like the perfect cashier! Unfortunately, that is also the type that tends to be passed over for promotion because mismanagement wants to keep them right where they are.
    And why do they keep the employees in a cage? The same reason they keep lions, tigers and bears in a cage, to keep them from culling the herd. -Dark Psion

Comment

Working...
    X