This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thank you for being a human being.

I woke up to a phone call from a friend at 7:30 this morning wondering if she left her wallet here yesterday (she eventually found it in her car). After checking my living room and not finding it, I went to step into the half bath downstairs only to splash in a puddle of icy cold water. I turned on the light and looked and the puddle ran from the toilet, out under the bathroom door, and to the frame of the front door. Lovely. So I trudge upstairs and use that toilet.
    I then immediately proceed to call the complex office and leave them a message pleading that they come ASAP to fix it.
    Next on my list was to call work. I dialed the number of the bat-phone and felt much relief when Supervisor C answered. I explained to him that my bathroom was mildly flooded and I wasn't going to make it in.
    (Note: I have two cats, one of whom is a precocious kitten. Maintenance much prefers me to be home when they come in because Jack likes to try to escape as they come in and out, and Cappy can get under foot if not watched. I can't go in to work late as my ride situation doesn't allow for it.)
    Supervisor C's response? "Well I wouldn't think so. Flooded bathrooms do require immediate attention. I'll see you tomorrow."
    That was it. No passive aggressive guilt trips. No "why can't you just come in late". Just understanding and decency.
    Not gonna lie, I took the opportunity of knowing the Maintenance staff doesn't get on property until at least 9 to take a 90 minute nap snuggled up with my Cappy.
    And why do they keep the employees in a cage? The same reason they keep lions, tigers and bears in a cage, to keep them from culling the herd. -Dark Psion
Working...
X