This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alleged pastor leaves note for waitperson

So ... did God bring his meal to the table?

Please note: I'm not trying to get into any religious fratching here ... and I'm aware this person may not in fact be a pastor at all.

Follow up:

The waitress who posted the receipt online has been fired.

Comment

I kinda agree with the pastor and to say im not religious is the understatement of history.

Comment

I don't think she should've been fired for posting the picture.
        ......../\
        ....../__\
        ..../\...../\
        ../__\../__\

Comment

I think the gal getting fired, while a little harsh, is kinda appropriate given their standards and most companies' standards. Rude or not, you don't embarrass a customer while identifying yourself as an employee. It's why we're careful on here, you know?

As an aside, I love how in follow ups, the pastor is trying to blow this off as a "lapse of judgement". Really?
          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
            I think the gal getting fired, while a little harsh, is kinda appropriate given their standards and most companies' standards. Rude or not, you don't embarrass a customer while identifying yourself as an employee. It's why we're careful on here, you know?

As an aside, I love how in follow ups, the pastor is trying to blow this off as a "lapse of judgement". Really?
            I agree. There was great fail on both sides. Fail on part of the pastor for her "lapse in character and judgement" and fail on part of the girl who got fired. If you want to vent about a crappy customer to your very close friends in private, that's your business. Posting it for all the world to see? Not ok.

All that being said, though, I kinda feel like the pastor is less apologetic about her behavior and more about the fact that she got called out on it.
            "Things that fail to kill me make me level up." ~ NateWantsToBattle, Training Hard (Counting Stars parody)

Comment

Personally I think the man was a dick to write that on his receipt.

If he didn't want to tip he could have just wrote "0" on it. He didn't NEED to add the personal message. What he did was a slap in the face and 100% uncalled for.
              Last edited by PepperElf; 01-31-2013, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Actually, the pastor was a woman.

Which is part of what gets me. She was a single mom who found Jesus, started a church and her own business, and then wants to stiff on the tip? She should know better.
                My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I'll agree the server showed poor judgement in how she posted the receipt . . . and she paid a heavy price. She seems to accept that, and I find her response to her firing more mature than the pastor's to being outed.

The pastor's original action is deplorable no matter how you look at it, and her defensiveness shows a lack of insight into her own actions, and a lack of accountability.

Pathetic.
                  They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Sucks that Waitress got fired, but she's accepting it with relative grace.

Pastor, on the other hand, is still being an ass.

If you're going to cheap out on the tip, don't leave a note like that to justify it.

Besides, "Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's." Pastor's got the second half of that saying already covered ("...and unto God the things that are God's."), so she needs to adhere to the first.

...except some people use that saying to avoid even paying taxes. :sigh:
                    PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

If this restaurant is willing to suck up to a cheapskate who stiffs the waitstaff on tips, and skips out on a portion of their bill because they don't feel like paying an auto-gratuity, then it's probably not such a terrible thing for the waitress to have been fired. Even though jobs are in short supply.
                      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

People on the internet have been using this as a reason to bash Christianity without bothering to read all the information.

The pastor already paid the 18% on the bill so the server did get her tip. The 0 was for an additional tip. She also left $6 on the table.

Did the person who put this online deserve to be fired? Yes. Without question. She posted this persons name to a place on the internet that pretty much despises religion and the inevitable happened: this person started getting harassing phone calls and probably emails as well. The girl who posted it, who was a member of that website, should have known better yet she actually tries to defend her actions in every statement she's given and write it off as a little joke when people have actually gotten death threats from things like this hitting the internet.

That being said, am I defending the pastor? Absolutely not. The way she handled the situation was incredibly unprofessional for someone of her position. However, as unacceptable as her actions, they don't justify being harassed by internet trolls.

They both were showing a special type of stupid. :|
                        Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Actually....

She was trying to mark out the added gratuity by insisting she left the additional six dollars on the table (something that has been unsubstantiated anywhere, including the waitress who posted it).

Her comment was directed at the fact that she had to pay 18% automatically. The lack of additional tip was just insult to injury.

No, that's no excuse to be bashing Christianity. But all three articles I've found kinda agree that she was trying to avoid the tip altogether.
                          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

let's see:

Group of people go into Applebees and eat. Try and get seperate checks to avoid the 18% auto-grat. auto-grat still in effect.

One person decides they object to said auto-grat on basis of their job/religion and a snide remark is in order. tries to negate the auto-grat and adds snarky remark to their CC slip.

Server shows coworker said CC slip and co-worker takes photo of CC slips (with most of the persons name visible) and posts to internet.

Photo goes instantly VIRAL and the enveitable vitrol nastiness begins.

Original person finds out about CC slip being posted, trys to deflect with lame non-apology and excuses and possble LIE (the 6 Dollars she claimed she left)

co-worker (NOT the original server) gets fired for "violating a customers privacy" (legit)

YUP. for my real comments I will head over to Fratching.
                            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
                              Actually....

She was trying to mark out the added gratuity by insisting she left the additional six dollars on the table (something that has been unsubstantiated anywhere, including the waitress who posted it).

Her comment was directed at the fact that she had to pay 18% automatically. The lack of additional tip was just insult to injury.
                              Of course the other problem with this is that... the pastor took it out on the server when this is the RESTAURANT'S policy. It's not as if the server just puts their own tip automatically on to it.

Pretty much the pastor took her anger out on the server instead of taking it up with management. and that's petty as all fuck.

as for the firing... the photo doesn't reveal the person's information that i can see. is there another version out there that shows the full name or something?

Actually I think the real issue wasn't that the pastor saw her personal information online... I think the REAL issue is that her own horrible actions were brought out into the light of day for others to see.

and that can be quite a slap to the ego.
                              Last edited by PepperElf; 02-01-2013, 02:25 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X