This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Physical Check Idiocy

I recently changed my Direct Deposit information (all employees are paid via DD). Since I got paid for a shift in the meantime, corporate sent me a paper check.

I went to cash it at the bank today, and they refused to cash it. Why? Because whoever wrote the check is a moron and didn't fill it out properly. They left the "Pay to the order of ___" section blank, wrote my name in the "Amount" section, and only wrote the amount numerically. I hadn't really examined it since it arrived so I hadn't noticed. The bank lady said they can't casha check if the amount isn't written out as well.

So now I have to call corporate and ask for another check. Making it even better, the corporate phone line is a pain in the ass, I don't know Payroll lady's extension by heart, and if you press the number to get a corporate directory, they just say to enter the person's name on the keypad of your phone, which NEVER NEVER NEVER recognizes what you typed no matter whose name it is. There is a general voicemail so I left a message for Payroll lady, but I really don't expect a call back.

So I think I have to call my store's office manager to get the extension for the payroll lady so I can call and tell her she's an idiot and doesn't know how to fill out a check.

ARGH. It's only about $30 but I EARNED that $30 dammit.
    https://www.facebook.com/authorpatriciacorrell/

That's frustrating. And a pretty dumb mistake to boot.
    Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Was it handwritten, or done by a computer program?

Comment

holy fuck. i can only hope it's hand-written cos that would be one very fucked up program.

can you bring it in to where you work and say "let's get this fixed, hmm?" or even see if they can figure out what's wrong with it?

Comment

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
          I went to cash it at the bank today, and they refused to cash it. Why? Because whoever wrote the check is a moron and didn't fill it out properly. They left the "Pay to the order of ___" section blank, wrote my name in the "Amount" section, and only wrote the amount numerically. I hadn't really examined it since it arrived so I hadn't noticed. The bank lady said they can't casha check if the amount isn't written out as well.
          Ahh, how annoying. How the heck do you get to be in charge of payroll and do this? It's not complicated a process.

Quoth AnaKhouri View Post
          So now I have to call corporate and ask for another check. Making it even better, the corporate phone line is a pain in the ass, I don't know Payroll lady's extension by heart, and if you press the number to get a corporate directory, they just say to enter the person's name on the keypad of your phone, which NEVER NEVER NEVER recognizes what you typed no matter whose name it is. There is a general voicemail so I left a message for Payroll lady, but I really don't expect a call back.
          The corp phones probably don't lookup correctly because no one has programmed the phone system with everyone's name. If it's an older system doing so is a seriously time consuming and obtuse process, and a lot of places simply don't bother. If they'd take the option out of the main menu, that would be helpful.
          Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Working...
          X