This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CYA = Responsible for knowing something not part of the job

Apparently there was an incident recently with a patient in restraints. Long story short, the patient's arm was either broken before going into restraints or got broken in the process of being restrained (I think it was the latter). Either way, the floor didn't report it and didn't order x-rays for the limb in question for quite some time.

This is a Very Bad Thing (seriously, WTF guys?).

In a brilliant CYA maneuver by the hospital, now every single clinical employee has to be educated in the proper use of restraints. Which consists of being shown the different kinds of restraints and how to put them on a patient. Now, I can understand this for nursing staff. They're the ones who are most affected by it. But use of restraints isn't even mentioned in my scope of practice as an imaging tech, so I'm fairly sure I can't put them on a patient anyway.

I guess what really pisses me off about this is my bosses have this tendency to not tell me about stuff like this until either right before it's due or after. I love it when I get a snippy phone call about something I was supposed to have done but I haven't been scheduled for awhile and had no idea about it. Even better is when I tell one of them I'll take care of it and not ten minutes later the other one calls (really I could go on and on about the lack of communication and passive-aggressive management styles around this place). This time I got the call while on vacation in another state. I told them I'd take care of it on my next scheduled day. Which was today, and it's done. Can I go back to taking care of patients now?
    I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

It isn't just you. Our hospital does the same stuff. A patient was hard of hearing, someone wasn't told, hospital sued, everyone has to go through training on how to deal with that situation and how to get an interpreter. We find out about it just before the deadline.

I've come to realize that hospital administrators are blithering idiots. Along with a good number of the physicians.
    I'd tell you where to go, but I work there and I don't want to see you everyday.

My photo blog.

Comment

Working...
    X