This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I would if I could

Had a customer try to give me a $50 tip.

Was sneaky about it too. Called it a "late Christmas card" and tried to hide it under my keyboard. Didn't want me to look at it until after he'd left. But I spotted that it was money, and had to explain to him that even if he did leave it, I'd be forced to re-deposit it in his account. I cannot accept money from customers. Amazes me how many times this has come up. Not every month or anything like that, but it happens. And for whatever reason, it's always these big amounts too. For some reason, I forgot my usual stand-by of asking him to fill out a customer comment card instead. Ah well.

My husband is a pizza driver. Works for tips. Think anyone has ever offered him 50 bucks? Why can't people tip the employees who can accept them?

I've had customers try to give me tips, too. The most recent was an elderly woman whose checkbook I balance for her every month.

I tried to tell her that she didn't need to give me anything, but she wouldn't accep that. I ended up convincing her to bring something everyone at the bank could share. So she brought in a tin of homemade cookies. They were delicious.
    "I look at the stars. It's a clear night and the Milky Way seems so near. That's where I'll be going soon. "We are all star stuff." I suddenly remember Delenn's line from Joe's script. Not a bad prospect. I am not afraid. In the meantime, let me close my eyes and sense the beauty around me. And take that breath under the dark sky full of stars. Breathe in. Breathe out. That's all."
    -Mira Furlan

Comment

Working...
    X