This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "That is for a lack of service"

That is what I heard a SC shout at the manager as he stormed out after ramming his trolley into a fridge. What caused this lack of service? A very busy supermarket on a Saturday afternoon. It happened about 30 minutes ago.

I had gone to do a quick bit of shopping at my local green apple shop while waiting for a prescription to be filled. It was busy with customers everywhere. I grab my items and start heading for the express lane. There are priority one calls going over the PA and when I get to front of the store, it is packed. As I walk past the SC mentioned above I hear him mumbling about "Were to go?". I ignore him an continue to the express lane. Next thing there is a crash of a trolley hitting the fridge behind me. I turn to see the SC storming out of the store shouting about a lack of service. This was in front of the store manager who was responding to the priority one.

How much service was lacking: 2 of 12 main registers and 2 of the 4 express lanes where closed. All 6 of the self checkout terminals were full with a queue to use them.

The store manager didn't do anything as there was no damage and the customer was already out of the store area. He went back to calling staff to the check outs and got all of them open within minutes of the customer storming out. I don't think anyone else in the store was thinking that service was lacking.

So SC goes to another store, shops again, checks out and heads home. Total time saved by childish temper tantrum? Yes, exactly. I too dislike long lines, busy shops, etc. but it happens. I try to throw a little extra niceness at the employees who are in the weeds and go about my day. And I get home before SC.

Comment

Any chance this idiot can get banned?

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
        Probably not. While we've had customers go nuts over trivial things, ramming a trolley into a fridge does not count.

I should add that 10/12 and 2/4 lanes open and being used is actually a GOOD day.
        The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Pixilated View Post
          He left before the staff could react and there was no damage other than his pride. Everyone in the store gave him a stare.

Comment

Working...
          X