This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question for "Underground mass transit" sandwich workers

The other day, I ordered a footlong Big Philly (been a while since my last one), and instead of the usual 3 "normal" boats, they used 2 and one "breakfast sandwich size". When I asked, they said that it was being cut back.

2 things struck me as odd: First, that means that for a 6 inch, instead of 1 regular and 1 breakfast size (i.e. half size), they'd need to split a pre-packaged meat tray. Second, it means that even with the $1.50 (for a footlong) price premium compared to a steak and cheese, the amount of extra food is getting less, making it not worth it.

What is the "official" amount of meat on a footlong Big Philly, and how many slices of cheese? I normally get the shredded cheddar, so it's not readily visible how much goes on. Thanks for the info.
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Quoth patiokitty View Post
    Sounds like that is a local specialization sandwich as I've never heard of that one.
    "Big Philly" is one I've only seen at U.S. outlets, and (from what you've posted here) I believe you're in Canada. Besides, the change in quantity happened after you posted that you'd stopped working for them. Thanks anyway.

For those not familiar with it, the "BP" is like a steak and cheese, except with more meat (but still less than double) and (supposedly) more cheese. As a "super premium" sandwich, it's NEVER on the "Februany" $5 offer (which, this year, had the highest covered tier at $6 instead of $5).
    Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Working...
    X