Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I worked at McD's for almost 8yrs. (apparently I was a glutton for punishment)

Back when I worked for them (1988 or 1989 - 1996), when the meat was made, they would sprinkle a mixture of salt and pepper over the meat while it was still on the clamshell grill. I don't remember what the ratio of salt to pepper it was, but it was a mixture. I can remember some of my friends preparing the shaker. They'd get salt out of our fry salt bucket that we kept in the back drive thru window, and mix it with pepper in one shaker.

I don't know if McD's still seasons the meat while it's cooking. Last time I had McD's, I thought could taste the seasoning on it. But, I'd be willing to bet that that's just one more step they've dropped from the meat preparations since they got the fancy microwaves. (we called them "queue-ing ovens" when we got them in 1994 or 1995)

Comment

Now, the fact that one of his friends was also an employee at that location, and she was vehemently defending the place
      How do you defend food tampering?

I mean really, if she was caught between a rock and a hard place - having a friend say one thing and having the manager say something else - sometimes the best option is to stay out of it.

This is why, for example, I never posted to any PFB thread about my "last company" while I worked there. Although there were times I wanted to tell people, "Duh! Read your warranty. " or whatever, I kept out of it. Cos even if I was right, I couldn't claim true neutrality since I was a paid employee.

Comment

And here's the polar opposite of sabotaging a burger when a child won't eat the first one due to the way it was made Broken Burger

Comment

Quoth Deevil View Post
          And here's the polar opposite of sabotaging a burger
          I saw that and shared it on facebook. It brought tears to my eyes.
          What an amazing waitress, and manager.
          Too tired of living and too tired to end it. What a conundrum.

Comment

I know it's been mentioned that Golden Arches doesn't even put pepper on the burgers, but I also believe that the only pepper they have available is in those little packets that are (for the most part) pre-measured. From your description, Ree, it would have taken at least 3 of them to "smother" the burger.

Yeah, I agree with them majority here, this was deliberate. He should definitely complain to the manager. If it were MY burger, I would be livid. If it were my NIECE'S burger, I would be murderous.

SC
            "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth Ree View Post
              I saw that and shared it on facebook. It brought tears to my eyes.
              What an amazing waitress, and manager.
              o yeah. that's the story i was thinking of earlier. I remember seeing it posted on one of my other sites and on FB

awww.

now if only you could clone that server and replace the sucky jerk with the clone.

Comment

If that was my kids burger.....someone would have wished they opted for a different career.....
                We are the willing, led by the unknowing, doing the impossible, for the ungrateful, we have now done so much, for so long - for so many, with so little, we can now do anything with nothing!!!

Comment

Oh, I am royally ticked. That was deliberate. It was food tampering. And it was done to a 5-year-old. Your friend needs to get that woman fired, period. I sometimes work in food, and people annoy me, but I would never, ever do something to compromise their health.
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
                  X