This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sucky with a side of awesome

I like Steak n' Shake. Most especially their shakes. (dark chocolate milkshake? yes plz) I tend to visit them often because well, they are open 24 hours down here and me and the roomie tend to have odd eating hours.

Last night we were there and after we got our food both waitresses ignored us, even when we tried to get their attention we were completely ignored. One of the girls seemed new which is fine I get that but you don't ignore your customers when they actually try to get your attention. Both mine and my roommates drinks went completely empty and I really wanted a refill, I was thirsty. We lingered for a bit because we wanted to get shakes and again nothing. So finally we gave up in disgust and went to the register to pay.

Thankfully the manager was the one who cashed us out and when we complained, he redeemed my faith because he remembered that we tend to visit there often, remembered what we ordered that last time we were there and just gave us our entire meal for free. I wasn't expecting that honestly maybe just a little taken off the bill. Heck I was even willing to still leave a tip. Certainly wouldn't have been a lot but I really don't like not tipping. So while the eating experience was terrible, and we've had issues with the other non new waitress before, I am willing to continue eating there because the manager was that awesome.
    "I try to take reality one day at time, but sometimes several days attack me at once."

I've had both good and bad there. Most times if my BF & I go in we sit at the barstools and everything goes well. The first time we sat at the table the server kept ignoring my BF to the point where he'd ask me if I wanted a refill on my drink, and I'd have to say "No but he'd like one please." Otherwise my BF wouldn't get a refill.

We didn't bother asking for the manager - we wanted to go home at that point cos we were tired. But we did avoid it for a while afterwards, although my BF does like the concept of the chain with ground steak burgers etc. and likes telling me the story about how they originally would grind it up in front of the customers etc. Now, if we go there we *might* sit at the tables, but usually we go through the drive through cos Poochie is with us.

they are open 24 hours down here
    Same here. I think it's their standard. But I do remember bringing some S&S takeout to work one day and one of the women who worked the sales floor saw it, but… it was almost closing time for us and most places are already closed (or almost closed) by the time we get out.

Her: What time do they close?
    Me: … They don't.
    Her: ooo!

Comment

Awesome manager. I would definitely go there again if I were you. Chances are you'll have better service next time.

Comment

GODS I MISS Steak & Shake SOOOOOOO much.

The closest one is like 250 miles away.
        I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
        -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I miss Steak and Shake too...the nearest one is about a hour away
          My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Steak n shake is a full 5 to 6 hours away. Dangit

Comment

The closest one to me is 700 miles away!
              I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
              My LiveJournal
              A page we can all agree with!

Comment

To even get to a Steak N' Shake, I probably have to go south of the border, down Illinois way...
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Um...two in KZoo and three I think in Lansing.

Comment

When Steak and Shake is good, they are awesome...when not...blech. They seem too inconsistent for me.

But that was cool of the manager.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                      To even get to a Steak N' Shake, I probably have to go south of the border, down Illinois way...
                      YUP. Des Plaines to be exact. Just north of O'Hare International. Used to live about 3 blocks away from it.
                      I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                      -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                      X