This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no. Just..NO.

So a guy came in to return some pants that were CLEARLY well worn. but he had a receipt. he told me they were torn and thats why he returned them. Fair enough. After he left i print out a damage form and go to fill it out. I have to explain why the item is damaged and pin the form by the damaged area. Upon inspection I discover there is no tear. Just a stain. also the pants reek. Dude pissed his pants and returned them instead of washing them. I'm done with this planet.

OmiGAWD. Wasn't there any way you could've refused to take them back? Or is your store one of those that allows returns on anything and everything?

I hope at least you had a significant quantity of hand sanitizer nearby. Sounds to me as if your employer should be providing you with rubber gloves as well.

Comment

Suggestion for next time: ask the customer to show you the "tear."
      I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Good lord. That reminds me of people trying to return hamburger, when you can clearly see it was sitting in a hot car all day.

Comment

My suggestion, never take a return unless it's been two weeks or so, or he can prove a defect.

Comment

we are not allowed to question returns. Any return any time any reason. no questions asked. Its even in the ad that plays over the loud speaker. I agree with you guys all the way but ..yeah. I'm not allowed to ask about the returns, other than "do you have a receipt"

Comment

Quoth iloveasunflower13 View Post
              we are not allowed to question returns. Any return any time any reason. no questions asked. Its even in the ad that plays over the loud speaker. I agree with you guys all the way but ..yeah. I'm not allowed to ask about the returns, other than "do you have a receipt"
              I work at a store with a similar return policy, so I sympathize. These companies just get softer and softer.
              Check out my art: http://mechanicold.deviantart.com/

Comment

Quoth SourRobot View Post
                I work at a store with a similar return policy, so I sympathize. These companies just get softer and softer.
                And they never figure out why they lose money.

Also: EEUUWW! Some people have absolutely no shame. I hope you do have plenty of hand sanitizer where you work.
                I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                My LiveJournal
                A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
                  Suggestion for next time: ask the customer to show you the "tear."
                  Just be prepared for the "omg offended!" reaction. Cos SCs hate being caught at their scams.

Comment

Working...
                  X