This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lying about store hours.

If that was an AFD joke then it was in bad taste. And carried on for more than one day too.

Monday
    BF accepted presale tickets for South 2's next bout to drop off at <Store> along with a bout flyer in a plexiglass photo holder. He called them to verify their hours to see if he could drop them off that night.

BF: What time are you open until? ... No seriously what time do you close?...
    (Apparently <Store> employee kept answering that they never close and that they're open 247.)

We didn't get a chance to get there that night though cos we were busy and my BF still felt they were just screwing with him. So he decided to drop them off Tuesday afternoon.

Tuesday
    He forgot to drop them off after work. However he remembered right as we were headed out for take-out food so he calls them again to find out when they close.

BF: What time do you close tonight? ... *sounds disappointed* I'll try to get over there then, I have a drop off for you.

Turned out they AGAIN claimed that they never close. He was still annoyed because he suspected they were screwing with him but... you never know.

We got there at 6:10 PM. <Store> was closed, and had a REDUCTION of opening hours, not an increase. However there was still an employee inside and she came over to the door to say through it that they were closed.

I fully understand the idea of being closed and not wanting customers who try to shop at the last minute. BUT we weren't shopping - we were dropping off materials THEY had agreed to take. AND the woman on the phone had said "we never close".

I held up the tickets outside the door and she opened to accept the delivery, signed for them, & took the flyer the team had prepared too.

And yes I made a point to say that the employee who answered the phone had claimed they were open 247. She verified the phone number and thought it odd.

Summary...ish
    Now personally I'm calling BS on that one. When I asked my BF he said that a woman had answered the phone. We both suspect it was the employee we saw inside. But at least we got the tickets dropped off, and if they go missing... well they were signed for, so the store would owe the team the $ for them.

I don't know if he's going to talk to the manager about it or not yet. The manager at the other location transferred to this one, and from what I've seen he's on good terms with her. So he might let her know what has been happening.

The only explanation I can think of is... the company just filed Chapter 11. But IIRC they can still operate as a company. However the employees might be very disgruntled. Still, pulling pranks like that are more apt to guarantee that they don't have jobs.
    Last edited by PepperElf; 04-03-2013, 04:43 PM.

No, that's not AFD, that is just being a sucky CSR. Although this now makes me go, "Gee, I wonder why they are filing Chapter 11..."

I'd encourage BF to talk to the manager to find out what's going on. Stating the hours are 24/7 and then being closed is going to tick off a lot of customers who are going to go to other places who.. are actually open during the hours they say!
    If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

Working...
    X