This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• In trouble for doing my job *kinda long language*

This is fucking ridiculous!! Apparently I'm "wrong" for staying outside too long to gather carts. Let me elaborate: we originally had a girl to work 8am to 12pm. But she's out on leave. Fine. Whatever. So I was the only one working from 6 am to 3 pm. At 10 am I took my lunch and when I ame back there was a sea of loose carts. We had another girl set to start at 11:45 but we needed carts now. I went outside at 11 am and rounded up all the carts. Which took an hour. Yes, I know if theres only one checker assistant we have to go back and forth; but we had TONS of carts outside. Well I got back in and recieved 21 mouth watering flavors of hell. Apparently they were calling me; and calling, and calling, and calling. I tried telling the head checker there were tons of carts and she said I, being the only assistant KNEW not to stay out there the whole hour, just grab the front carts. I explained that there were tons hoping it would set things atraight... No go. Now if I don't get the carts and we got zapped on it, who are they going to bitch to and blame? *jumps up and down "ohhh-ohhhh me, meeeee!"* do now as I was leaving for the day the head checker states "we need to talk tomorrow when the boss comes in." fucking great. Just fucking wonderful. Now I KNOW I'm still
    Going to be in the wrong. I just hope they don't go bitching about the overstock!! I'm damn near ready to say "fuck it" and go work at golden arches. The ONLY thing keeping me "decent" is an upcoming road trip to Disneyland, California Adventure, Knotts Berry Farm, and Six Flags Magic Mountain in 11 days.

Now I just have to figure how to avoid the boss tomorrow. Gonna be a challenge being as I have an early shift from 6-3
    NEVER underestimate the stupidity of the customer

Hmm. Maybe try snapping a picture of the mess outside? I don't know that I'd avoid the boss man. Just explain your side of things. It's all you can do really

Comment

I'm going to try. I'll post the results tomorrow. He's pretty mellow and I may just get a "reminder" if that. Maybe the head checker will 'forget' speaking to management. ��

Comment

Odd that they were supposedly calling you and no one thought to check outside. Just sayin'.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Had you informed them where you were? I always made sure my guys on the line told their supe where they were going if it wasn't a scheduled task they were supposed to be on. I can get your side of it too, so I think your management was out of line in raising hell on you. In the future, let someone know your location and check in periodically.

Comment

Yes I should have done that. It was my error on that part but I saw Tina of carts and my first thing was "get them before we get a mystery shop" I see wher you are coming from and it makes sense.

Management was informed and it wasn't as bad as I thought. I was told next time
            If there Is a bunch, go out 5-10 min grab them then come in to check in. Go out 10 min later grab more and come in. Rinse and repeat.

Comment

Oh, I love getting in trouble for doing my job. My worst was getting written up for doing a $20,000 sale "wrong" (and by wrong I mean I told the caller that I could call them back when it was done being set up, a reservation that large requires a good 10 to 15 minutes to set up, rather than making them sit on hold for the entire time). Yeah, that was when I started looking for another job (because that right up screwed me out of several hundred dollars in commission... which come to think of it may have been the real reason they wrote me up).
              If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Oh, I get in trouble a lot......for doing what's required.

There's certain paperwork, log sheets, stability logs....etc that NEED to be filled out. We get audited over this shit. And thanks to the choleric, psychotic people that only think of production numbers and not quality or following the damn rules, we've failed many an audit for having blanks and missed paperwork and whatnot.

There's been times I've had my *micro*manager or the inspection department shift lead literally breathing down my neck and shoulders to get what I'm working on moved along and out the door as fast as possible, but I need to make sure everything is serialized and logged correctly.

They act as though if you find a problem, you just wrecked that shipment from making the truck.

Yet, the best part of all....is if I ignored it to keep people off my back.....I'd get feedback in my records at work. So, yeah....screwed.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Rofl, want a job where you'll get yelled at no matter what you do? Try being in charge of quality control. If you put something on hold because it doesn't meet standards you get yelled at because YOU put it on hold, not because production screwed it up. If you let it through, you get yelled at when the customer sends it back. Can't win either way.

Comment

Working...
                  X