This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Target: "Oopsie!"

Target's website labels plus-size dresses a bit differently from the smaller ones...

http://www.forbes.com/sites/jeffberc...itter-notices/

/Obligatory

"That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
    "What IS fun to fight through?"
    "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Yeah, just what every plus sized women wants to be called, a fat wrinkled blobby sea cow,
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

That color description is used on other items in their store that I don't even think my second cousin can fit into cause their so small.

Comment

Next: Grey Whale Grey.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Heh. Sent this link to another friend, he responded with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tM_lrK4upvw

Comment

So "battleship gray" is out too?
              Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

If they had been naming colours after cities in the U.S., they'd need to be VERY careful to avoid misspelling "Laredo".
                Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

I saw towels there also tagged as "Manatee Grey." I don't think its meant to be offensive.

Have to say I'd laugh my ass off if they switched it to 'Elephant Grey' or 'Hippo Grey."

Comment

The problem lies in the fact that an identical dress in non-plus sizes is named "heather grey". It might have raised a few eyebrows if both dresses had the same color name, but the fact that there was a difference between the two size groups is what caused all the trouble.
                    At the conclusion of an Irish wedding, the priest said "Everybody please hug the person who has made your life worth living. The bartender was nearly crushed to death.

Comment

Right and Target responded that two different people were putting in the descriptions and one put in the product description and the other just used a commonly used color description.

Comment

Sadly this doesn't surprise me. I wonder where it was actually made cos... this isn't the first time I've seen potentially-offensive (or outright offensive) color names on products.

Anyone else thinking of that brown couch that was sold as "<racial slur>-brown"? (just google "Racist Sofa Label" and you'll find it).

sometimes it's not always a good idea to dress up colors with fancy names. or to at least think ahead before rolling it out for production. Oy!

Comment

And now, Target has to change the names on some shoes...

Comment

Those are some UGLY shoes.

Comment

Working...
                            X