This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tales from the Hotel/Lounge: "Who's Gonna Drive You" edition

Had this guy start in on me before I even punched in.

He asked what I was doing right at that moment, and I told him that I wasn't doing anything just then.

SC: Then you're going to give me a ride.
    CW (to SC): He doesn't drive.
    ME: No I'm not.
    SC: Why not?
    ME: First of all, even if I had a car, I don't give rides to people I don't know...
    SC: My name is <name>
    ME: Second, of all, I don't have a vehicle.
    SC: I have my truck outside .
    ME: No way.
    SC: C'mon, why not.
    ME: I don't drive other people's vehicles.
    SC: Are you in trouble with the law or something?
    ME: No.
    SC: Then why not.
    ME: Because I'm not on your insurance...
    SC: Aw, c'mon man.
    ME: ...And I don't give rides to strangers, just knowing your name does not mean I know who you are.

The SC finally gives up, and my CW tells me that the guy has been bugging people all night to give him a ride to <local strip club>. What doesn't occur to him, in his obviously inebriated state, is ho he will get back to us, as he is staying here.

After I had taken over for my shift, he comes back.

SC: Are you sure you don't want to drive my truck?
    ME: I'm working now.
    SC: You don't know where I'm going.
    ME: Doesn't matter.
    SC: <local strip club>
    ME: Never been, and never will.
    SC (gives me the stink eye, like I must be crazy for not going to strip clubs): Huh?

The SC then exits.

Gotta love club nights,

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Ugh. What did he expect you to do, wait outside in his truck for his probably-even-more-drunk butt to come back out? Or worse, go in with him? BLECH.

Comment

It's times like this that call for the aid of TAXI-MAN!

Yes, folks, TAXI-MAN will get you to your destination with a minimum of fuss, a maximum of funds drained from your wallet, and only a reasonable amount of foul language and off-color jokes!

...But it sounds to me like this fine fellow had zero intention of actually spending money for a ride (in either direction), and, had you actually given him a ride somehow, he would have probably called the hotel when he was done to get a ride back (Hey! You did it before!)
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

The only Taxi closes at 7:30 PM around here.

SC
        "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

He can't go on

Thinkin' nothing's wrong
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
            ...But it sounds to me like this fine fellow had zero intention of actually spending money for a ride (in either direction), and, had you actually given him a ride somehow, he would have probably called the hotel when he was done to get a ride back (Hey! You did it before!)
            And would probably have demanded money for gas, since the hotel person would have used HIS car (never mind it would have been to transport HIM). Probably would blame a recent dent/scratch on the hotel person as well.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
              The only Taxi closes at 7:30 PM around here.

SC
              That is so weird to me. We have several 24/7 taxi companies here and you can even get public transport late at night/early morning.

Comment

[EXTREME SARCASM:] Thanks a lot, Arga...Now I'll have that song in my head all day.
                I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
                  The SC finally gives up, and my CW tells me that the guy has been bugging people all night to give him a ride to <local strip club>.
                  (sarcasm) Obviously, you and/or CW should have given the SC a lapdance. Talk about poor customer service! (/sarcasm)

Comment

Quoth computeraide View Post
                    (sarcasm) Obviously, you and/or CW should have given the SC a lapdanceblowjob. Talk about poor customer service! (/sarcasm)
                    Edited for truth . . . and my amusement.
                    Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

wth. Seriously, giving this guy a ride would be a license to get robbed or worse.

Comment

I have no problem with strip clubs. Hell, used to DJ in one, and have been in my fair share as a customer. And I have, from time to time even given strangers rides.

And I would have told this asshat to go pound sand. "Give me a ride"? Really? How a out "no fucking way, douchebag."

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post
                          wth. Seriously, giving this guy a ride would be a license to get robbed or worse.
                          I was in a situation like that a couple years ago. I took one of my friends to the bar with me, and when I brought her home, some guy came up to my window and asked me to give him a ride somewhere. I just looked at him and said, "I don't know you!" and he disappeared. The problem was, neither of us saw where he disappeared to, and where she lived at the time wasn't a very nice area. So my friend called her husband, who happens to be a 6-foot 300-lb ex-marine, and he came outside and saw her safely into the house. Once they were inside, I peeled out of there.

After I was out of there, I called her to let her know I was clear, and asked her what she thought the guy was thinking, asking a total stranger for a ride. She told me he most likely planned to rob me.
                          Sometimes life is altered.
                          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                          Uneasy with confrontation.
                          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Working...
                          X