Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hotel Tales: "Underhanded Reservation" Edition (Long)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I use the 3rd party sites just for locating all the available hotels in the area I'm looking to stay and what the 'going rates' are. I have seen where the same hotel is $100 difference just because one is located downtown and one is outside the city limits. Once I have a good bearing on where I want to stay, I book with the hotel direct. Much better service that way and there's never been an issue with my reservations by going direct. Many times, the hotel will book me within $5-$10 of the 3rd party price and have been lucky enough once to get booked lower than the 3rd party.

Comment

I'm with Arga so much on this one.

I get a lot of shit for paying what I pay for things. Anything, really. I get all kinds of "advice" on how I should have gone to this place instead or gone back to the store and bitched to get this much taken off, or to see how much other people get charged for services....

No. I just don't have the free time for that. I just want my shit.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Luna Baby View Post
        I use the 3rd party sites just for locating all the available hotels in the area I'm looking to stay and what the 'going rates' are. I have seen where the same hotel is $100 difference just because one is located downtown and one is outside the city limits. Once I have a good bearing on where I want to stay, I book with the hotel direct. Much better service that way and there's never been an issue with my reservations by going direct. Many times, the hotel will book me within $5-$10 of the 3rd party price and have been lucky enough once to get booked lower than the 3rd party.
        I do this all the time with flights, use the 3rd party sites to find 'their' cheapest, then go to whatever the cheapest airline's website to book those exact flights for less. Sometimes it isn't a lot less, but I've never seen it cost more.

Comment

When you don't have a lot of money, making every penny stretch as far as possible is vital.

When you have a bit more, then you can be a little less careful. Although it can be a hard habit to get out of.
          "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

We haven't signed up for CLC for this very reason. They demand alot for very little.

Comment

Working...
            X