Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yes, that's an appropriate thing to joke about.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, that's an appropriate thing to joke about.

Woman is buying lighters. In our store, for age restricted items, the register automatically stops the transaction until I either A) Scan a valid state ID, or handkey passport information, B) Get a supervisor to determine that the customer is old enough to purchase the item and imput their numbers to override the requirement, or C) the guest decides not to purchase the item for whatever reason.

Just like with any age restricted sale, a customer's responses to this may very from quickly taking out their ID's and allowing me to scan them to being outright dicks and giving us a hard time over it. Whatever. At least we don't sell alcohol and tobacco, so I tolerate it.

This woman crossed the line. As she pulled out her California ID she joked, "Too bad you guys couldn't ID your bombers."

From that point on it was basically me responding to everything she said with, "Yes, ma'am" and "no ma'am", until the bitch walked away.

On a lighter note, Maintenence Guy was painting the sidewalks outside the store entrances. To ward people off, he used several shopping carts positioned on their backs with signs done in large block lettering saying, "Wet Paint".

You could see these carts from any angle, no matter how you were approaching the area. But naturally, in true dipstick fashion, a woman walked right over the yellow paint and was "surprised". I was privy to the incident and I actually got to hear her say that she didn't see the enormous red shopping carts positioned in a very eyecatching manner with the signs that say "wet paint." I even got to see her husbands look of indignant rage as he yelled at MG because apparently he too did not see... well you get the idea by now.

Like the elusive blue whale, it's one thing to know that there are people out there who are too stupid to live. But it is truly a privilege to see it up close.

What bitches

Comment

Too many people can't see the forrest for the trees.

Comment

Quoth Bright_Star View Post
        Too many people can't see the forest for the trees.
        Assuming they even notice the trees in the first place; usually they're just walking about in a haze of their own self-centeredness until they walk smack into a low branch.

As for that first hag; I'd've been tempted to reply "the same to you," except I don't want to punish innocent, decent Californians on account of one stupid bitch. But that was just pointlessly nasty.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
          Assuming they even notice the trees in the first place; usually they're just walking about in a haze of their own self-centeredness until they walk smack into a low branch.
          I have legitimately seen that happen. It was my oldest nephew. I laughed, while he cussed at the tree. As for the OP...What bitches is right. What the first woman said wasn't even in the same universe as a joke. As for the seemingly blind couple...dimwits. Pay attention!
          "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
            On a lighter note, Maintenence Guy was painting the sidewalks outside the store entrances. To ward people off, he used several shopping carts positioned on their backs with signs done in large block lettering saying, "Wet Paint".

But naturally, in true dipstick fashion, a woman walked right over the yellow paint and was "surprised". I was privy to the incident and I actually got to hear her say that she didn't see the enormous red shopping carts positioned in a very eyecatching manner with the signs that say "wet paint." I even got to see her husbands look of indignant rage as he yelled at MG because apparently he too did not see... well you get the idea by now.
            Solution:

The word "FREE". Have the sign say something like this:

FREE!!
            Now that we have your attention, Wet Paint! Please use caution!

Or something like that.
            Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

Comment

And SCs would see the sign like this:

Quoth mjr View Post
              FREE!!
              Now that we have your attention, Wet Paint! Please use caution!
              and demand their free paint.
              "Bring me knitting!" (The Doctor - not the one you were expecting)

Comment

I showed up to work a couple of hours ago. Free food, I couldn't resist.

So MG painted one of the benches sometime earlier and just like with the sidewalk, there were two big white signs with large black lettering that said "Wet Paint". Complete with one of our shopping carts acting as a barrier, literally right in front of the bench just as before.

I jokingly asked my coworker, who was sitting on the next bench, "So, who's sat on that so far?"

"No one," she said. Though by now everyone knows about the infamous incident from Monday.

Anyhow, as I was checking the schedule I overhear the office girl say, "Oh my god. I she retarded?" (She did feel bad for saying that out loud)

Sure enough, someone had sat down on the bench with the wet paint. They weren't nearly as mouthy as the woman from Monday, but needless to say no one was surprised.

Comment

How about:
                  FREE!!
                  Stains upon your clothing if you're stupid enough to mess with this Wet Paint!
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I worked in a store with a glass wall where the glass entrance and exit doors were. This led to a glass foyer with another glass wall with entrance and exit doors that led you into the store proper.

I once saw a young woman walk into the glass wall outside of the building next to the entrance door hard enough that she fell on her ass on the sidewalk. She got up, brushed herself off and laughed at herself as she successfully navigated the first door... only to walk into the glass wall next to the next entrance door falling on her ass in the foyer.

TBH I think alcohol may have been involved in that one.
                    You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

Yes, that's an appropriate thing to joke about.
                      I can't say I've never thought of jokes like that myself. (More often than is probably good to be honest)

But I at least know when to keep them inside (or at least to know whom I can say them to in private).

In a way... that's all 'tact' is anyway - knowing when & where to use the brain-to-mouth filter.

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
                        They weren't nearly as mouthy as the woman from Monday, but needless to say no one was surprised.
                        I don't recall seeing anything about the Monday incident. Could you post a link? Thanks.
                        Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

It's actually in the first post, about the woman who stepped in the yellow paint on the sidewalk.

Comment

My bad - thought it was another thread.
                            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Or something like this:

FREE!!
                              Ruined shoes if you walk through this WET PAINT!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                              Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                              X