This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beep, Beep? That's Not Good!

One time, I went into a branch to start transferring data from a server I was replacing to its replacement. I got the original server ready to transfer its data before I unbox the replacement server.

When I was getting the new server out of the box, I hear, "Beep, beep." I realized that I hadn't plugged in the new server, yet, ... oh no! Sure enough, I looked up, I saw the old server rebooting. Did I mention that this was during business hours? Did I also mention that all of the workstations depend on that server?

I called the project manager in a panic asking him what I should do. He told me to check in on the tellers and the other staff. Their workstations were down. As soon as the server was back, the entire staff had to reboot their workstations to get back to their jobs. Instead of installing the new server in the rack as I usually did, I put it outside the rack, so I wouldn't accidentally reboot the server again.

After the branch closed and I was able to remove the old server after shutting it down, I couldn't help but taunt the old server. "Let's see you shut down the branch now."
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

Quoth catcul View Post
    ... I hear, "Beep, beep."
    ... raised my Wile E. Coyote "Help!" sign and
    Quoth catcul View Post
    called the project manager in a panic.
    I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
    Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
    Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Working...
    X