This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is with this road?

This is the second time I've gone on this rural highway that somebody has tried to pass me on the passenger side.

At least this time they had room to do so. The first time they didn't, and had to re-merge... but I was still there.

passing on the shoulder?

guess it's a new version of suck

Comment

Oooh. Some of the streets around here have wide paved shoulders. At least, that's what I think they are. The street connecting to my street is not wide enough for two lanes, but is really too wide for that excess to be a shoulder.

Anyways, when I come home from most places, I have to turn left onto my street. There's no light or stop sign so I just have to wait until traffic is clear and then go. More than once, drivers behind me have driven around me on my right, which means they come close to knocking my wing mirror off while simultaneously having two tires partly on gravel.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
        guess it's a new version of suck
        Sadly, no >_> I've had this happen regularly enough to make a mental note of it. Emergency vehicles (even without lights/sirens on), I can understand doing this. Anyone else? No. Tho I have seen several of them bet immediately busted by the boys in blue for doing it
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
        X