This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was sucky, she was sucky.

So I had a day at work, and forgot to keep my trap shut on a joke. At our store there's a discount card that we're tracked on how many we sell/renew.
    My suck. When a woman turned the card down with a purchase that would have effectively meant the next time she came in she'd have saved more money than the card costs, I commented, in what I thought was a light tone
    "Ah well, if you decide not to save money, it's on you." Which, I admit, was rude.
    However, in the letter she sent in to my boss (and so glad it only went to him, and not corporate)
    Her accusations of me besides that comment were
    "Initially friendly, but then
    Asked me if I wanted help finding anything, TWICE, when it was obvious I had teenagers.
    Told me where the cheap games were! (they're kinda hidden behind some posters)
    Rolled her eyes during checkout."

the first two of these, I will admit I did. I did offer her help twice, because she was giving the puzzled look to a wall of games, and honestly? I didn't recognize her from the different angle that I was talking to her before.
    Also, seriously. I told you where the 5$ and under games were. How is this a problem.

however I did NOT. roll my eyes. that much I know for a fact.

I feel sorry for being rude, but... ngh. Lady had a stick up her ass.
    Tell a man there are 300 Billion stars in the universe and he’ll believe you.
    Tell him a bench has wet paint on it and he’ll have to touch to be sure.
    -Unknown Author

kinda like one of the neighbors when she complained about our dog. (dog did jump on her when she got too close).

one incident bloomed into a letter to the apartment manager, claiming that this was the 5th time it had happened (making it sound like the dog had jumped on her 4 other times) and that my BF had laughed in the woman's face.

basically one small suck was exaggerated until it's the suckiest thing to ever happen in all of history... just as an attempt to get the other person in trouble.

Comment

^ Yep. Oh, and excuuuuuse you [/Steve Martin] for being really helpful. How awful of you to <gasp> be attentive to a customer looking for something! [/sarcasm]
      "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Working...
      X