X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PBs and drama queens galore

1. MY DRYER!!

Me: Hello what can I do for you?
    PB (Psycho b****): *mockingly* Well I'm not having a good time here!
    Me: Oh? why not--
    PB: Yeah! I'm late for my flight and *dramatically* my hairdryer doesn't work!

(dun dun dun)

Me: Oh I see...uh...well I can get you a new one if you'll just give--
    PB: Don't you have some down here???
    Me: No I don't think so. I'll just run upstairs and grab one from another room.
    PB: Well hurry up! I'm late!

As I'm leaving, I see my manager OMS.

Me: Hey I'm going to go and get a hairdryer for this 'lady' who's hair dryer doesn't work. She's up front.
    OMS: Ok, I'll take care of things down here (has no idea who's waiting there)

I run up the next floor and let myself into an unused room. I make sure the dryer in there works, and attempt to wrench it from the wall. It doesn't budge. Huh, I thought the dryer could be taken from the wall. I've seen it. I use the room phone to call to the front desk.

OMS: Hello front desk.
    Me: Hey it's me. The dryers can be taken from the room they're in, right?
    OMS: Of course.
    Me: How?
    OMS: Pull up on them.
    Me: Ok
    PB: *in background* F*** this hotel! F*** you all! I'm NEVER coming here again!

I hang up and pull up on the dryer but it STILL doesn't budge. I head back down, the PB jumps in my face.

PB: Hey where is it?! My DRYER! Rabble rabble !

Me: *to OMS* Give me another key to an unused room, that one is not moving.

OMS: Ok

PB: Rabble rabble! RABBBLE!!! How dare you ignore me!!!

OMS: Here

Just then the Janitor hears PB's screaming and comes up with her mop. The Janitor is a 6' tall woman and her mop is bigger than she is. PB turns around and sees her and quiets down a little.

J: Hey what's going on?
    Me: *explain situation*

J: Oh I know where one is.

J and OMS go to the laundry room and find a brand spanking new dryer, still iin its wrapping. They give it to me. I unwrap it and give it the PB, who snatches it and storms to the lobby bathrooms to use it. After done, she throws it at me and storms out the door. We'll be receiving a nasty note from corporate from her I bet, especially if she's a super duper VIP. F*** 'em.

Much ado about nothing, I think. If my dryer didn't work and I had a flight to catch, I'd be pissed, yeah but I'd freakin go catch my flight! Whatever. I hope she doesn't darken our doorstep ever again either way.

2. Yeah, thanks for blaming me for my CW's mistake!

'Lady': Tell me, is a wake up call for me been put in?
    Me: What is your room number?
    L: (gives number)

I look at our list of wakeups and see a room number written for another at that time, it's the same floor but not the same room.

Me: Er...it looks like my CW, the one who took your call, wrote down the wrong room number.

L: Well!

Me: Sorry about that.

L: *snidely* Yeah! I'm SORRY TOO! *huffs away*

Geez, use your cell phone or alarm clock like everyone else does, you bimbo. ANd I'm not really sorry. I hope you missed all your appointments! Muahahaha!

And the next one isn't really an SC ....maybe....I think....

I'm at the computer when I hear a dull thump. I see a couple, trying to get in so I open the door. A middle aged man is holding his nose like it hurts, and his wife, I assume comes in. She's holding a keycard, so they're either guests or past guests.

Wife: Do you have hospitals in here?

Me: In the hotel, no. In the city, yes we have one.
    Wife: How can we get there?

I glance at the man and wonder if he'd hit his head on our door, I couldn't see any blood but he looked in pain.

Me: Uh well I could call 911 for an ambulance. Would you like that?

Man: No, don't! Just tell us where it is.

Me: I'll look it up.

I look up the nearest hospital and call them a taxi, at their request. Next day, I see the man walking around with a heavy bandage on his nose. Maybe he'd broken it on our door! Shouts of a lawsuit aggravate me so I say nothing to him, just report it to the manager.
    Next day after that I see the same man, except with his bandage taken off. There's a nasty open gash on his nose, it wasn't bloody, but the skin was flapping. Ew. He doesn't seem to be in a bad mood, but asks my name. I have to wonder, is he going to blame me in his letter to corporate? Or is he going to praise me for getting him taxi so he could go to the hospital? Hmmmm. If he does, then he's an Sc cuz it wasn't my fault he broke his nose on the door!
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

people who get pissy over wake up calls annoy me. I have no problem setting them up..

But during the weekend we had a lady who, while the phone went off in a wake-up call, slammed the phone shut in her sleepy stupor, then came down to scream at me after she woke up fully for breakfast.
    (How do we know she slammed it? Her kid mentioned it.)

I'm just thinking...do what I do. Set 3 alarms at a loud annoying volume on my phone, and set my phone out of arm's reach. Ta-da, bitches. I'm up.

Comment

If I'm staying in a hotel somewhere and have to get up early for some reason, I just bring my alarm clock with me.

That loud bastard will wake me up out of the deepest sleep, whereas I could see myself sleeping through a wake-up call.

How hard is it to just do that if you know you'll have an early day? Don't these people have alarm clocks at home that they can bring with them?
      my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
      it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

Would it have killed hair dryer lady to go out with damp hair? As much time as she spent yelling at you and your manager she could have had her hair mostly towel dried
        Question authority, but raise your hand first. -Alan M. Bershowitz

Comment

Don't most hotels have alarm clocks? I do get that business travellers can't go out with wet hair, but she didn't need to scream at you. And hair dryers, by the way, do fit in suit cases, lady.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
            And hair dryers, by the way, do fit in suit cases, lady.
            Don't tell her - she'll probably interpret that as "I can take the dryer from the hotel home with me".

Also, bringing your own isn't always practical. First, airlines are cracking down on size/weight restrictions on luggage ("1/2 ounce overweight? That'll be $250, please"). Second, on an X-ray, a hair dryer looks fairly suspicious - do you really want to take a chance on being sent to Guantanamo Bay rather than your intended destination, while your luggage gets "safely" detonated? Third, unless you're travelling in your own country (for this purpose, the United States can be treated as an extension of Canada), you can't be sure the plug shape - or even the voltage - will be the same.
            Last edited by wolfie; 05-01-2013, 09:31 AM. Reason: Thought of something more.
            Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Quoth Teysa View Post
              Would it have killed hair dryer lady to go out with damp hair? As much time as she spent yelling at you and your manager she could have had her hair mostly towel dried
              All the hot air spewing from her mouth would have been more efficient than any hotel hair dryer I've ever used
              Be Nicer To Retail Workers 2K18, also known as: stop being an incredibly shitty human to people just doing their job.

Comment

Hair-dryer Psycho Bitch: was she going to be turned away from her flight if her hair was still damp??

Quoth Kaycichu View Post
                *snip*

I'm just thinking...do what I do. Set 3 alarms at a loud annoying volume on my phone, and set my phone out of arm's reach. Ta-da, bitches. I'm up.
                Or you could get one of these ....

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                  Don't tell her - she'll probably interpret that as "I can take the dryer from the hotel home with me".

Also, bringing your own isn't always practical. First, airlines are cracking down on size/weight restrictions on luggage ("1/2 ounce overweight? That'll be $250, please"). Second, on an X-ray, a hair dryer looks fairly suspicious - do you really want to take a chance on being sent to Guantanamo Bay rather than your intended destination, while your luggage gets "safely" detonated? Third, unless you're travelling in your own country (for this purpose, the United States can be treated as an extension of Canada), you can't be sure the plug shape - or even the voltage - will be the same.
                  Points taken. Glad I always airdry. That's actually quite fun in winter. Icicle hair!
                  "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth wolfie View Post
                    Third, unless you're travelling in your own country (for this purpose, the United States can be treated as an extension of Canada), you can't be sure the plug shape - or even the voltage - will be the same.
                    Of course, you could do research into it in advance and get a converter if needed... then again, do we really expect the people who are going to have a conniption over the hotel hair dryer not working and causing that much drama over it to be willing to do the work to do that research...
                    If you wish to find meaning, listen to the music not the song

Comment

Working...
                    X