Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well I would love to play but the launcher won't connect to the patch server...

Comment

I just got disconnected myself and can't login. Unexpected crash, I guess

edit: Even their sites are messing up. maybe weather issues (or internet nastiness) at their location?
      Last edited by EricKei; 05-03-2013, 01:23 AM.
      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Makes me feel better that its just not me.

Comment

"Eventually one outgrows the fairy tales of childhood, belief in Santa and the Easter Bunny, and believing that SCs are even capable of imagining themselves in our position."
          --StanFlouride

Comment

Jack - Awesome ^_^

The queues disappeared (at least for me) after the day 2 patch, so that helped. It was pretty ridonkulous before, and there is still some in-game visual lag from time to time (mainly in the perpetually-overcrowded main city).
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)

Comment

Made lvl 13 so far...not bad.

Comment

Neverwinter just went open beta so I played it a bit today.

It feels kind of like a slightly better version if Everquest 2, and definitely like DnD. I haven't decided yet if this is good or bad. The mouth movements are disappointingly bad, and your toon doesn't have a voice, but it does have companions. There are no real moral choices or anything.

However the scenery is breathtaking. I really hope the game eventually has housing because it just feels like it would be great for this game.

It's definitely less than SWTOR, but more than EQ2.

I was very skeptical because it's cryptic studios and they take great pride in cookie cutter MMO's that can be created in 1-1.5 years, which I find to be the lazy way out.

Will it be very good? I don't know. Time will tell.

Comment

Quoth Moirae View Post

I was very skeptical because it's cryptic studios and they take great pride in cookie cutter MMO's that can be created in 1-1.5 years, which I find to be the lazy way out.
                  This is also the reason their end game content tends to be lacking. That is my real fear for the game. I really enjoyed leveling up in Champions Online. I'm really enjoying leveling up here. I just hope that this game has something worth doing once you hit max level.

Comment

Moirae - exactly

One thing which may help to prolong it is the fact that they have the Foundry (player-made content). I'm making a campaign in that in my down time, but it'll be a few days before any of it is playable.

Anyone playing, feel free to scroll thru the thread and add me & others, & post yer handle, as well. I'm on Beholder as Kayara Myrlan@erithekei

Comment

Working...
                    X