This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• work/life balance issues

I guess the best way to word it is that I've been getting a little down lately with getting left out of family events because of having to work. I don't expect things to be planned around my availability, but this has happened quite a bit, and it's kind of led to the following things:

- family members seeming to think I have no life or interests outside of working at the library. (thus being why this is the main subject they would bring up with me)

- my not being invited to things at all because it was assumed that I would have to work, when sometimes I was actually free.

- it not being understood that I have to request time off in advance, and just because I ask, isn't a guarantee that I will get that time off. (my mom doesn't always get this, neither do my sister and her husband)

- my mom sees it as a problem when my brother can't do things because of work, but sometimes seems to think it's "ok" when that happens with me.

Anyhow, I'm not necessarily looking for advice or anything, just needed to get it off my chest.

I have the same problem working Fri-Sun (and every other Thurs) for 12 hours.
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Work is that thing that interrupts life...I bet a lot of us can relate to your pain.

Thus, alcohol!!!
      "That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
      "What IS fun to fight through?"
      "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Just for clarification......since I know I've mentioned before about not always wanting to join in with family stuff.......the sort of thing I was referring to was vacations/trips/graduations.....not generic gatherings.

Comment

Working...
        X