This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post graduation suck.

Last night a bunch of the local high schools had their graduation. The local U graduated 2 weeks ago and my small local college graduated a week ago. My hubby and I decided to stop in at a local restraunt that is known as a desert spot. They have a variety of specialty drinks, board games, premade magic card desks. They have fast and free wifi. To top it all off, they have a variety of deserts, including vegan, gluten free, sugar free, dairy free. We went on a whim. They have a wait to be seated sign and we ask nicely for a booth and are promptly seat, even though there is one waitress and one person doing drinks and another cooking. The waitress is also serving as hostess and bussing the tables. She is working her ass off and doing it all with a smile. Why isn't this in praising. Because the horrid customers. One lady was offended we sat in a booth near her. She was taking up a booth with a table attached. It could have easily seaed 8-10 people but iT was just her, spread over the booth and the table. She ordered a cheep drink and a desert as we were seated and barked a demand for the wifi password. It is a common desert name and she snorted derisively at tHe name and began and shooed the server like she was a dog and spread her stuff around putting stuff on every chair so no one else could sit in the adjacent spaces. We sat and were given just the right ammount of time to figure out the order. The second suck was when the graduates family's started pouring in. They were annoyed with having to wait to be seated and complained loudly when they were told there party of 17 could not be immediately seated. The second group of 12 complained then the next group of 16 then another 12. The whole time the lady with the table near us guarded her chairs and the server was too overwhelmed with crazy grads to deal with her rudeness. As we received drink refills and our deserts more people started showing up and our poor server kept greeting and running. The chair hog began taking an emergency phone call as some one she knew went into the hospital and she felt the need to yell dramatically about her crisis making no move to leave. Eventually we had to chase down ur poor beleaguered server. We tipped her 50%. I hope the other regulars tipped her as well. That place doesn't add gratuity for large parties and I can see a stiff coming due to "slow service" and I doubt chair hog thought of anyone besides herself. As we were leaving she was complaining to her "emergency" call that the place was too crowded.

Chair hog just didn't want to appear to be alone. Nor did her chair hogging really matter, because I am pretty sure no one wanted to sit with her anyways.
    If I make no sense, I apologize. I'm constantly interrupted by an actual toddler.

Comment

She should have been told she'd have to move to a smaller table with fewer chairs. Better to offend one ignorant, selfish cow than a whole bunch of people that have to wait to be seated.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I never understood placating the one special snowflake.

Comment

Working...
        X