Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody know anything about laser printers?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody know anything about laser printers?

I've been thinking of getting one for my house. Preferably an "all in one" (fax, copier, scanner). The printer doesn't have to be a color printer (I know those can get WAY pricey).

I'm looking for something that hopefully I could print duplex on (both sides of the page), where the toner isn't overly expensive and the toner lasts a while between needing to be replaced.

I'd really like to spend less than $150 on it, but I realize I may have to go higher than that.

Does anyone have any good suggestions?
    Skilled programmers aren't cheap. Cheap programmers aren't skilled.

I got my brother all in one for 109

Comment

Personally, I would always get a separate printer and scanner, and use a fax-modem with appropriate software if I needed fax functionality. That is, for example, much more likely to allow you duplex functionality in the printer part. The main downside is that it might take up more desk space.

Comment

Here you go. Brother makes excellent printers (so does Samsung), and this one has built in networking as well - very nice to have if you have more than one computer. My Samsung laser has wifi; all 3 computers in the house print to it flawlessly.

Get an online fax account if you need faxing, or a fax/modem.

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
          I got my brother all in one for 109
          That is just about what I ended up paying at Staples for mine, a Brother MFC J430W. CT sales tax, not sure what the percentage is offhand.
          EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Check for a Brother remanufactured machine as well. They've been returned to Brother, cleaned, tested, put on sale at a reduced price and work just as well as a new one. You also get the same warranty as a new one.
            "Kamala the Ugandan Giant" 1950-2020 • "Bullet" Bob Armstrong 1939-2020 • "Road Warrior Animal" 1960-2020 • "Zeus" Tiny Lister Jr. 1958-2020 • "Hacksaw" Butch Reed 1954-2021 • "New Jack" Jerome Young 1963-2021 • "Mr. Wonderful" Paul Orndorff 1949-2021 • "Beautiful" Bobby Eaton 1958-2021 • Daffney 1975-2021

Comment

Working...
            X