Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Personally I would have cancelled the order and demanded my money back.

Guy was a total horse's behind, definitely complain to corporate!

Comment

Where my store is we get a lot of people who walk and they usually ask for stuff to be double bagged. My company hasn't made a big deal out of bagging stuff it doesn't matter to me either way. I have no problem throwing a "Hey I don't make the rules, it's corporate's decision" if a customer asks for something I can't do. There was no reason for the guy's attitude. You were fine.
      I would have a nice day, but I have other things to do.

Comment

At the line:

SG - 'If it breaks then you can just carry it all, that's what arms are for'

...my thoughts were, "No, you were not the sucky one here". Even after you offered to pay for a bag, you were clearly in the right in this case. Just my opinion.

Comment

He was unbelievably rude and if he does this to other customers, should be fired. He could've just said that he's not allowed to double bag in a nice way, instead ofd scolding you. You are a grown woman and he treated you like a 5-year-old.
          "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Where I work, in a C store, we get paper goods on Wednesday 3rd shirt, and only on Wednesday 3rd shift, and if we run short on bags, or even run out, everyone is SOL until around midnight on Wednesday/Thursday morning. So while I agree the clerk was rude he could have been told by management to conserve bags.

Comment

But even conserving bags doesn't necessarily mean "Pack the bags to bursting." You don't put 20 lbs in a 5 lb bag just to 'conserve' bags. From the OP's description, unless she had gotten the absolute last bag, there wasn't a reason to put it all in one bag. And even then, the cashier could've just said "We're running low on bags, so we have to be stingy with them" or something like that, instead of insulting her, and we probably wouldn't even have a post here.

Comment

No you weren't sucky, he was. And I would tell his manager the next time you go there about his insistence you didn't need a second bag, you telling him it was breaking, and it DID break.

Comment

If it's not your customer, it's a sighting. Moved.
                  The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

SG - 'You don't need it'
                    The sucky person here is quite clear. SG has no right to determine what you "need". What a cock.

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                      I might also suggest a wheeled cart / suitcase, so you don't have to carry anything at all, just put everything in it and wheel it home. Especially considering your condition
                      Yes! I have two wheeled carts that we use for groceries and laundry (we don't have a car at present). They have heavy canvas bags that sit upright on a metal frame. Supposedly they can hold up to 200 lbs. They're very handy especially when you have to carry home something bulky and heavy. I can even handle one with one hand (currently dealing with a pinched nerve in left bicep... )
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Sundassa View Post
                        No you weren't sucky, he was. And I would tell his manager the next time you go there about his insistence you didn't need a second bag, you telling him it was breaking, and it DID break.
                        This! He was incredibly rude and you weren't at all.

Comment

Guy was an asshole. If I were you I'd call the manager/corporate or at the very least write up the incident on Yelp.
                          Last edited by shopgirl15; 06-08-2013, 08:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X