This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TV/laptop help

I have a Toshiba laptop, pretty basic and less then 1 year old (bought new in October 2012), and want to connect it to my HDTV.

TV has HDMI ports, but not my laptop....is there anything I can do?

yes I know not a lot of information, but ask and I'll tell you what I know.
    It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

If your HDTV has a VGA-in port and your laptop has VGA out, you could always use that.

Comment

my Vizio TV has a RGB PC port thingy, and my laptop has a 15 pin port thingy that kinda looks like a VGA

in fact my laptop one looks exactly like this
      It is by snark alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the juice of the coffee bean that thoughts acquire 'tude, the lips acquire mouthiness, the glares become a warning.

Comment

Model of laptop?

Make/Model of TV?

Many TVs have "HD15" and/or DVI connectors.

Many laptops have the HD15 connector. I am using a USB to HD15 to get a second monitor on a Dell All-In-One.
        I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
        Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
        Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

my laptop has that HD15 port in it, and so does the TV...

Comment

You're right. Use the RGB cable to go from your laptop to your TV, then use your TV remote to select the TV input, which should be something like "Computer" or "RGB". Then you'll be able to use your TV as a clone of your laptop monitor, or in some cases, use the TV to extend your desktop. RGB cables can be had for $10-$20. If you're not in a hurry, get them online at monoprice.com, for example.

Comment

That's a VGA port.

Just get a long VGA cable and you're good to go. Just make sure you order it on-line like emax4 recommended. Don't go to a big box store as they have about a 50 000% markup on them.

B
              "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
              I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Working...
              X