This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A wedding today

Yes, today a friend of mine got married. I got the day off from work and attended a truly elegant ceremony downtown, in a building that's hundreds of years old.

Now, this building sees many weddings every day (it's the place where civil ceremonies are held), but this one was the first gay wedding I've seen there - and I was one of the guests!

My friend and his new husband both glowed with happiness, and I took I-don't-know-how-many photos. Tons. Really. I met quite a few new people, and it was nice to see that my friend's former boyfriend was also there. After the ceremony, a minibus took us to the reception, which was held in a small restaurant.

The booze flowed freely, with everyone except me partaking. I took one sip of champagne and poured the rest into my friend's glass. As the day wore on and more booze was consumed, people let down their hair.

One of the guests, in fact, put his hand down the front of my shirt. Later, we sat outside and talked dirty to each other.

I think my friend should make this an annual event.

That sounds lovely

Comment

Sounds like my kind of party! Congrats to your friend and his partner! May they have many years of awesome parties!

Comment

That's almost exactly what another friend said! When I told her about the hand down my shirt, she said, "Now that's what I call a party!"

It really was a great time, and I thanked my friend for inviting me. It was, and I told him this, one of the nicest weddings I've ever attended. What cracked me up, and several guests, was what happened after we left the building. Everyone was gathered around, taking photos - including four Japanese tourists!

Comment

Sounds like an awesome time!
          Some people just need a high five...

In the face with the back of a chair....

Comment

I still want to know why I wasn't invited to the stag party.

Comment

My first thought was to say "wrong gender". Seeing as the wedding was not exactly "traditional", why would the stag party be?
              Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
              Save the Ales!
              Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Yes, exactly!

Comment

Working...
                X