This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheeky bugger....

I know "cheeky bugger" is an atypical thing for an American to say, but it's the most appropriate description for this guy.

Where I'm covering today we have a support ticket queue with the Help Desk for any service calls that we are responsible for.

One of the Help Desk guys emailed us to say we had a Priority 1 (highest priority) ticket. However, despite refreshing the queue several times it did not show up. I manually entered the ticket number he had emailed and discover that it had indeed not been assigned to us. I emailed him back to ask him to reassign the ticket (can view but not take action on tickets that aren't assigned to us).

Two minutes later he responded "it shows as assigned to you on my screen. It's the 4th of 5 tickets."

I refreshed the queue again and there it was. His response made it sound like it'd been there the whole time, but he'd forgotten that every time anyone modifies a ticket it's very clearly date and time stamped. Right there on the ticket "Last Modified by [cheeky bugger] at 9:44:21 AM." His email response came in at 9:45, less than a minute after he ACTUALLY assigned the ticket.

Cheeky bugger....
    Last edited by Dave1982; 06-26-2013, 06:02 PM. Reason: Freaking autocorrect.....
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

ahh - a cocky chap was he? Odd that people forget what is time-stamped in the world. I've had people argue about door entry logs, computer access times, e-mails, etc. Dude, seriously? I'M LOOKING AT THE TIME RIGHT NOW.

Comment

I have had them argue with video tape

Comment

Roguesqd -- but of course...If NCIS, CSI, McGyver, and similar shows have taught us anything, all forms of video surveillance can be easily faked (often with Polaroids), or altered after the fact. Commonly by using computers that appear to be running either MS-DOS (in the 2010's...) or 70's-era video games ~_~
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
        X