This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Choose your own Adventure Game-

You live in a very fancy, expensive condominium. Lovely view, lovely community, lovely everything.

The only bad thing about this condo is that the front door opens onto a street. Not stoop, then sidewalk, then street, but once that door is open the door is pretty much hanging in a street (or very active driveway, if you prefer.) The door is glass, and there are huge glass windows on either side.

You know from experience that cars coming in either direction can't seem someone about to exit the building until said car is right on top of them.

You approach the door, do you;

A) Pause, use the windows to look both ways down the very active driveway, and then exit.
    B) Open the door, then pause to look.
    C) Barrel through the door.

If you picked A) Congrats, you did not have a close encounter with a massive van full of dogs. They pass by cheerfully and go about their business.

If you picked B) Almost close encounter, but you manage to pull the door shut as the massive van full of dogs putters by.

If you picked C) Congrats, you nearly got yourself mowed down by a massive van full of dogs. If you choose to approach the driver and blame them for the incident, be prepared to be dressed down and treated like the infant you are, because even toddlers know to look both ways before entering a place where cars could kill you.

Rich, stuck up, asses.
    My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
    It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

I thought it was illegal to have a building that close to the road.

Comment

Could be an old building that went up before such a thing was made illegal.
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Around here we have some houses scary close to a main road because their front yards were taken out to widen the street about a year ago.

Comment

I'd hate to have to deal with such a layout on a regular basis, but yeah - situational awareness, people!
          Cheap, fast, good. Pick two.
          They want us to read minds, I want read/write.

Comment

The buildings themselves used to be part of the navy yard, where they would store boats to work on them. They have since been turned into condos.

The door is not that close to "a street" but is that close to the "very active driveway that cuts straight through the building complex to the next street over."

Basically, I was taught as a child, "If a car could be coming, you better be looking to make sure it isn't" and I grew up on a street where the only cars that showed up where people who lived on the street.
            Last edited by AmbrosiaWriter; 06-29-2013, 03:33 AM.
            My Writing Blog -Updated 05/06/2013
            It's so I can get ideas out of my head, I decided to put it in a blog in case people are bored or are curious as to the (many) things in progress.

Comment

Working...
            X