This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's just bail in the middle of traffic

As I mentioned in another thread, some McNugget up at corporate thought it would be a good idea to have some stores test out having people stand on street corners near the test stores holding big signs advertising our Lowest Prices of the Season sale, ending tomorrow.

This to me is a horrible idea. For one thing, the money to pay these people to stand around with signs is probably coming out of our hours somehow.

For another thing, this is a business tactic I normally associate with stores either desperate for or going out of business.

For a final thing, the people holding signs near my stores do things like this, which my store, and the company, could be held at least partially liable for:

I'm at the stoplight, waiting to turn left into the parking lot. One of our sign-wavers is up the street on the corner. An oncoming car in the right lane stops at the traffic light--and the driver gets out. He walks over to the sign-waver and exchanges a few words with him/her.

The light turns green. Oncoming traffic in the left lane goes through. Oncoming traffic in the right lane is stopped behind the now-unoccupied car. This is much horn-honking and probably obscene gesturing. When the traffic in the left lane clears, cars in the right lane start swerving around the stopped car.

Finally, sign-waver leaves and gets into the car, having been relieved of duty by the person who drove it there and then stopped. They go through the intersection. Due to the large volume of traffic coming through that these fucktards stopped, I had to wait through a traffic light change before being able to make my turn
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

that is so dangerous!

Comment

Working...
    X