Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm going to find that Murphy guy and beat the living crap out of him.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm going to find that Murphy guy and beat the living crap out of him.

For my job there are 2 people. We alternate being on call. It just happens I'm in call this week/weekend. It also happens that the other guy is on a camping trip with family. Even when I'm on call I rarely get called once, if things are bad I get called twice.

Since I woke up Friday morning, I started fighting a rather painful ear infection that's to the point words where coming out of mouth that were causing sailors to yell back me "hey hey.. watch what you are saying we have truckers over here!!"

The ear infection resulted into a trip to the ER on Saturday, and a metric buttload of prescriptions. That in itself is a bitch because I had to go to 2 stores to get them, because my normally local pharmacy, the Green Wally Store didn't have them all, but I digress.

To review, in the normal week of time I get one or 2 calls. With Murphy's law kicking in, over the period of the last 16 hours, when saying I feel like warmed over dog crap would be an improvement, I have received 6 calls and a dozen text messages regarding some kind of issue or other. One of those issues I had to go to my office, then turn around go out to a remote site, and then back to the office.

This has been the most times I've been called while on call in my 6 years of having this job.

Right now I want to take the guy who came up with "Murphy's Laws" into a dark room, and severely beat him...repeatedly....
    Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Edward A. Murphy Jr. is generally believed to be the "Murphy" of Murphy's Law.

He's also been dead for 23 years.

I don't think you'll be able to get your revenge. Sorry.

Hope everything works out with the ear infection, though.

SC
    "...four of his five wits went halting off, and now is the whole man governed with one..." W. Shakespeare, Much Ado About Nothing Act I, Sc I

Do you like Shakespeare? Join us The Globe Theater!

Comment

Quoth BroSCFischer View Post
      Edward A. Murphy Jr. is generally believed to be the "Murphy" of Murphy's Law.

He's also been dead for 23 years.

I don't think you'll be able to get your revenge. Sorry.

Hope everything works out with the ear infection, though.

SC
      And to be fair it's not his fault that some of the guys he was working with managed to wire up a test completely backwards.
      Life: Reality TV for deities. - dalesys

Comment

Sorry you're sick, but the thread title and
        words where coming out of mouth that were causing sailors to yell back me "hey hey.. watch what you are saying we have truckers over here!!" :-)
        are making me What is it with ear infections lately?? It's you, me, and everyone I know....
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
          Sorry you're sick, but the thread title and are making me What is it with ear infections lately?? It's you, me, and everyone I know....
          Thanks.. I'm at work today so I seem to be feeling better.

Don't know..I'm 40, and this is the first one I remember having, caught me by surprise actually.

When I was at the ER a 12 - 15 year old kid in the waiting room that also was having an ear Infection.
          Just sliding down the razor blade of life.

Comment

Quoth mhkohne View Post
            And to be fair it's not his fault that some of the guys he was working with managed to wire up a test completely backwards.
            Oh Good Gravy... You've reminded me of a work colleague who managed to wire up a missile guidance module test rig with the power supply backwards.

And blew up the first module.

Worth £17,000 (and this was nearly 30 years ago)

So he marked it "Failed" and proceeded to test the rest of the 20 modules in the batch...

Comment

Quoth TheCheerfulTreeRat View Post
              So he marked it "Failed" and proceeded to test the rest of the 20 modules in the batch...
              With the same results as the first, I presume.

Ever heard the saying "experience is proportional to equipment ruined"? Sounds like that cow-irker (TM Dilbert) gained more experience in one day than you'll ever have.
              Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Oh yes. He was a very special person, in so many ways.

Comment

I got 2 days out of work w/pay thanks to a coworker connecting one of the high voltage Li-Ion batteries my company makes backwards and sent it through an extended test cycle. 8 hours later the battery suffered an "incident" (company speak for "exploded violently and tried to take the building with it"). We lost the contract the battery was for and the coworker ceased to be one.

3 years later, it's still possible to connect the buggers backwards. We're all just waiting for the next go around...

Comment

Also speaking of connecting things backwards...

http://www.russianspaceweb.com/proto...9.html#culprit

Comment

Working...
                    X