This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Confused woman on subway

Well, I decided to skip the road rage and take the subway home from work. Once on there, a woman stepped on soon after. There was something a little off about her, she was stumbling a little and talking in a really loud voice. I didn't smell any alcohol but she definitely wasn't in her right state of mind.
    She also seemed like this were her first day using the subway, because she kept staring around and loudly saying to her slightly younger male companion, "Wha is DIS for????" and pointing to simple, obvious things like a map of the stations. Everytime the train would stop at the stations, she'd stumble and be a hair from falling on her ass and face. She was wearing a short dress so if she fell, everyone would get an eyeful. Me and the other passengers exchanged looks like Oh man, I hope she gets off soon! No one needs to see that!
    Fortunately, she did soon enough when the train stopped at a very busy transfer station and the doors flew open. Now, once the doors open, it's everyone's cue to get the eff off if that's their stop, because the train isn't going to wait for you. Neither are the other passengers; don't fall and hesitate because they'll step over you. Well, this woman didn't fall, thankfully, but the other passengers sidled around her quickly and passed her in all directions. I guess this confused her, because she tried to get free of the vortex but couldn't, and she started gripping her hair and screaming, "EYAHHHHHHHH!!" Fortunately, her male companion helped get out of the whirlpool to where she needed to go.

BONUS STORY!!!

I'll tell another funny story of riding in the subway. I was going home again, yay! and it was rush hour. There was a full train approaching and I thought, eff it, I'll just squeeze on, I'm not that big. I wanna get hooooome!!! BAD IDEA. I got on and was immediately SMUSHED against the door window. I had to stay that way until the crowds thinned out, I'm sure I looked like a paper thin version of myself. SO yeah. Skip the full train.
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Probably alzheimer's. It's a good thing she was with someone.

Comment

Quoth HotelMinion View Post
      Well, I decided to skip the road rage and take the subway home from work. Once on there, a woman stepped on soon after. There was something a little off about her, she was stumbling a little and talking in a really loud voice. I didn't smell any alcohol but she definitely wasn't in her right state of mind.
      [cos] I am not from New York City. I was born in Philadelphia, raised in Philadelphia, educated in Philadelphia, and for those of you that if you plan to come into New York at any time soon, don't take, [or] bring a lot of money with you. It's the greatest city in the world, you can get all the entertainment you want, for only fifteen cents. Ride any of the subway trains that they have here. It's marvelous. Not only will they take you where you wanna go and bring you back, but they go out of their way to entertain you! They put a nut in every car. You get on any subway car, some nut will stand up, "The Lord will kill you, if you don't siddown here." [/cos]

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
      Probably alzheimer's. It's a good thing she was with someone.
      Might also have been drugs. I saw someone in the pharmacy who was behaving something like this, and he also had a "handler" steering him around. She said he'd just been released from the hospital; they'd given him Demerol (meperidine/pethidine) and he was stoned out of his gourd on it.

I'll tell another funny story of riding in the subway. I was going home again, yay! and it was rush hour. There was a full train approaching and I thought, eff it, I'll just squeeze on, I'm not that big. I wanna get hooooome!!! BAD IDEA. I got on and was immediately SMUSHED against the door window. I had to stay that way until the crowds thinned out, I'm sure I looked like a paper thin version of myself. SO yeah. Skip the full train.
      Eh... that's par for the course in NYC. The rule, rather than the exception.

At least we don't have to hire workers to shove everyone in through the doorway so they can get the doors shut, like they do in Tokyo.
      Last edited by Shalom; 07-01-2013, 05:14 PM. Reason: swap ; for and

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
        [cos] I am not from New York City. I was born in Philadelphia, raised in Philadelphia, educated in Philadelphia,
        Great. Now I'm going to be singing "Fresh Prince of Bel-Air" for the rest of the day.
        It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Every subway car has a nut apparently. So do some checking out-can you see them? Are they obvious? If none of the other passengers appears to be a nut...then there's only one explanation left :P
          The Copyright Monster has made me tell you that my avatar is courtesy of the wonderful Alice XZ.And you don't want to annoy the Copyright Monster.

Comment

Hm, maybe she's not used to crowds either?

I'm not used to riding subways but it's pretty much all you do in Korea and I'm here on vacation :P
            My friend once apparently tried to get into a full train but then this man just SHOVED her out and then the doors closed.

Comment

The DC Metro and the NYC Subway still are not as interesting as the Sky Train. But they're getting there.
              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
              X