This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
    We were all assigned an online training today about equality in the workplace. After I completed it, I emailed the manager to ask why I can't wear shorts when some of my female co-workers are wearing sleeveless tops and miniskirts in this (relative) heat wave. No response yet...
    So get a similar sleeveless top and a utilikilt. [though a buddy of mine once borrowed a skort and successfully wore it to work]
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Hey Hawaiian I'm in the same state as you and yeah the heat and humidity are bad this year. We aren't allowed to wear shorts either which is STUPID cause I'm in the same situation you are, in a cube all day. Who gives a shit?

What I do on the really hot days is change into shorts right before I have to leave, since I have to deal with Max and bus going home.
      https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
      Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Where I work, it's not uncommon for the owner to show up in shorts and a Hawaiian shirt, front end staff will either be in shorts or a skirt (depending on gender). The other tech will usually wear jeans or cutoffs. The one day (temperature was almost 40 in the shade) that I show up in cargo shorts (I usually wear cargo pants to carry various parts and tools when onsite), they came to just above my knees, wear clean, had no rips or anything.

I had every single coworker comment about me wearing shorts, had the front end manager, tech boss, and owner tell me that I can't wear shorts. Didn't matter that it was hot enough to be the outskirts of hell outside, that the owner had the AC turned off (don't ask me why), and that everyone else was either in shorts or a skirt, etc.

But, because I'm so pale that I glow in the dark and with how the light was reflecting off of my pale legs, everyone was making comments about being blinded by the light.

Comment

My store has some dumb rule that sandals aren't allowed after labor day. Um yeah, right. I live in NJ and its hot pretty much all through Sept. No concessionsa are made for temperature or climate, and I'm in NJ, which can stay hot through the end of Sept, and sometimes beyond. So we all ignore it.

Comment

Been hot n muggy (I nursed a mild heatstroke tuesday that I got at work monday--I WAS INSIDE, MIND YOU) here too, but I'm stuck in canvas-kinda pants because you don't want a pudgy leprechaun in the only other pants I seem to be allowed in : tights.

I'm not allowed jeans or t-shirts and a female coworker of mine got a warning for wearing grey dress pants, because they looked jean-like.

Male coworkers?

We got one right now, I'M LOOKING AT HIM as we speak (well, type) and he's in bright blue jeans with "fashionable" holes in them.

Fun Fact: He's in high-end electronics. I'm in video games.
            Now would be a good time to visit So Very Unofficial!

"I've had so many nasty customers this week, my bottomless pit is now ankle-deep."-Me.

Comment

Quoth Shironu-Akaineko View Post
              Fun Fact: He's in high-end electronics. I'm in video games.

Selective enforcement? Helllllloooooo...... HR.

Comment

Working...
              X