X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to deal with an entitled Twitter follower

I just don't understand some people...

http://osakajack.tumblr.com/post/544...locked-account
    "Eventually, everything that you have said becomes everything you will ever say." Eireann

My pony dolls: http://equestriarags.tumblr.com

"I'll add this to the list of things I'm very concerned about"

I'll have to remember that for dealing with people like his (ex-) follower in the future ^_^
    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

As I mentioned to Jack directly, if anyone is sabbotaging his dreams, it's himself.
      "If your day is filled with firefighting, you need to start taking the matches away from the toddlers…” - HM

Comment

I find all of this hilarious.
        "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Um, if the person doesn't want to read the other person's tweet, why doesn't he just unfollow? Blocking them from seeing your tweets seems unnecessary.

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
            Um, if the person doesn't want to read the other person's tweet, why doesn't he just unfollow? Blocking them from seeing your tweets seems unnecessary.
            Because this EW believed that anyone working in the entertainment business should ONLY EVER entertain, and abstain from any political opinions or from having an opinion he disagrees with or from wearing green shirts on a Monday or whatever arbitrary "rule" he wants to enforce on people.

The EW won't unfollow because he wants to see what Jack has to say.

And it's Jack's Twitter, he can do as he pleases.
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

Basically, he wants the right to be a pompous ass, and Jack has to listen whether he wants to or not.

Geez, what a dick.
              They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                or whatever arbitrary "rule" he wants to enforce on people.

And it's Jack's Twitter, he can do as he pleases.
                I understand its Jack's Twitter. But it's twitter. No one is making him follow jerks. He can simply choose not to do it, and he won't ever have to see what they write.

The "arbitrary rules" thing works both ways. To block someone just because they are not a prolific tweeter is another of Jack's rules too. But you'd better not be a company spokesperson either, because that's also one of the rules. Also, you had better not "protect" your account so that non-followers can't read your tweets, because that functionality of twitter offends him.

So, just like the EW, Jack wants others to tweet for his entertainment, but only in the way he wants.
                Last edited by Raveni; 07-03-2013, 01:26 PM.

Comment

is it me or do both of them sound like they take themselves way too seriously?

Also, you had better not "protect" your account so that non-followers can't read your tweets, because that functionality of twitter offends him
                  that one makes me giggle. Mainly cos I personally use that to prevent sexbots from following me.

I recently revamped my twitter... "culled the herd" so to speak. However I felt that blocking people who hadn't done anything wrong was a bit overmuch, so... I sabotaged my own account instead. I changed the username and email on my account. and then I made a new account and reclaimed my old username.

Yes I could have just deleted the old account but... there are a few tweets there i still like. (not to mention not one, but *two* replies from Neil himself!).

but like the old account, the new one is protected. only this time I only accept followers that I personally know, or consider to be special. and i follow a lot less people too
                  Last edited by PepperElf; 07-03-2013, 06:40 PM.

Comment

I never understand why people, mortal people with a limited amount of time to be productive and happy on this Earth, choose to spend so much of theirs in a bad mood about something someone ELSE is doing.
                    - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
                      I understand its Jack's Twitter. But it's twitter. No one is making him follow jerks. He can simply choose not to do it, and he won't ever have to see what they write.

The "arbitrary rules" thing works both ways. To block someone just because they are not a prolific tweeter is another of Jack's rules too. But you'd better not be a company spokesperson either, because that's also one of the rules. Also, you had better not "protect" your account so that non-followers can't read your tweets, because that functionality of twitter offends him.

So, just like the EW, Jack wants others to tweet for his entertainment, but only in the way he wants.
                      Jack's not following them. This is a guy who was following him. Basically, he (Jack) doesn't want this guy following him. And that's cool. He (Jack) can control his output that way if he wants.
                      My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Frankly they both sound like a pair of kids in a schoolyard arguing over the sandbox.

Might even be WhiteWhine worthy right there. First world problems of the highest order.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Working...
                        X