This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Time to Look for Another Job

The IT project that I am currently working on is coming to an end. I will be out of a job in 2 weeks. I have decided to join LinkedIn. I have also updated my resume on Monster, CareerBuilder, and Dice. I will notify the local office of my state's Vocational Rehabilitation Service soon. They deal with people who are diagnosed with disabilities that would interfere with finding employment. I have been diagnosed with social phobia.

After I updated my resume, I was sent e-mails offering jobs selling health insurance, car insurance, and cars. I have a background in IT; why are they offering me jobs selling insurance and cars? I did not do well in commission sales because of my social phobia.
    This site proves Corey Taylor right. Man really is a "four letter word."

I'm now using my Deviant Art page to post my humor.

I was contacted by two technical recruiters. They both informed me about jobs that needed to be filled.

The first job is in Raleigh, NC. That's all I know right now. Unfortunately, I live in Greensboro, NC. I would either commute 1½ hours each way (assuming good traffic ), or I'd have to move to Raleigh.

The second job is based in Greensboro. I would have to drive to the western part of Virginia on occasion. I would also be on call 24-hours a day for 5 days a week, and some weekends. I don't have a problem with that because I've driven to Maryland, West Virginia, and Kentucky.

Wish me luck.

Comment

By the way, since I might be on call 24 hours a day, I will not have the TV on while I sleep.

Comment

Raleigh is a pretty good place, but oy the traffic. Good luck!
        But the paint on me is beginning to dry
        And it's not what I wanted to be
        The weight on me
        Is Hanging on to a weary angel - Sister Hazel

Comment

Funny you mention LinkedIn. I think the principal from my first teaching prac wants to hire me (she asked to add me onto LinkedIn )
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Good luck!

I don't mind retail but I too would do very badly in commission sales because I am not even within shouting distance of the level of persistence (or aggressiveness, whichever is correct) that a commission salesperson would need in order to be successful. ("Don't want to buy it? Okey-dokey!" Yeah, that'd get me far ...)

And I think some of these places send people just anything that pops up on the basis of "Hey, ya never know!"

Comment

Quoth catcul View Post
              After I updated my resume, I was sent e-mails offering jobs selling health insurance, car insurance, and cars. I have a background in IT; why are they offering me jobs selling insurance and cars? I did not do well in commission sales because of my social phobia.
              Quoth Pixilated View Post
              And I think some of these places send people just anything that pops up on the basis of "Hey, ya never know!"
              I think that's exactly it. I get those, too, and I'm listed as looking for a job as a pharmacy tech!
              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Good luck!

"That's too bad. Hospitals aren't fun to fight through."
                "What IS fun to fight through?"
                "Gardens. Electronics shops. Antique stores, but only if they're classy."

Comment

Working...
                X