Go Back   Customers Suck! > The Heart of the Site > Sucky Customers

Closed Thread

ID and pet woes
Old 07-04-2013, 04:58 AM
Haunted Hotel Chick

Default ID and pet woes

Don't put my name on the room and give me a key!

Guest came down wanting a key to a room. He was not the registered guest; his significant other was.

SC: "I want a key to my room."
Me: "I'm sorry, I can only issue a key to [Wife]."
SC: "My stuff is in the room. I need a key to the room!"
So SC calls his wife. I verify her ID over the phone, and she gives me permission to issue him a key.

Me *on the phone with the wife*: "Would you like me to add him to the room so that he can get a key if he needs one in the future?"
SC *shouting over me*: "NO! DON'T ADD ME!"
Me: "Okay sir, but if you lose your key again and I'm not on shift, you won't be able to have a key issued."
SC: *storms out before I can finish my warning*
Me:

I don't want to see pets at a pet-friendly chain!

My motel is one of the largest pet-friendly chains in the US. It's one of our big selling points. Sometimes dogs will peek out windows when you walk by. It's what they do. As long as they aren't barking their heads off and being a noisy nuisance, they're allowed to stay.

Tonight, I take a call from a room.

SC: "Yeah, did you know that [Room] has a big pitbull-looking dog in their room?"
Me: "Yes I am aware. We are pet friendly, and people are allowed to have dogs in their rooms." [And I've actually become rather well acquainted with "Baby", as she is called, and she's a gentle sweetie. ]
SC: "Well, I have a pacemaker and when I walked by that dog just jumped up at me and startled me! I can't be startled like that!"
Me: "Wait, did the dog lunge at you?"
SC: "It was inside the room and it just jumped up in the window right when I walked by! I was scared! That shouldn't be allowed!"
Me: "Well...as I said, we are 100% pet friendly here and that dog is allowed in the room."
SC: "That isn't right. I'm going to be calling Corporate." *click*

Go right ahead. I'm sure Guest Services could use the laugh.

Old 07-04-2013, 05:23 AM
Sassy degenerate

So he can't be startled, ever? What does he do if a car backfires?

People are stupid

Old 07-04-2013, 05:47 AM
Photo lab victim

My hubby and I are taking a road trip this weekend are going to a pet friendly hotel with our service dog. Usually I leave him with a sitter but my daycare closed for the holiday and my in home pet sitter lost her boyfriend in a car accident so I can't add to her burden this weekend. I'm nervous traveling with my pup. He normally does not bark but this is his first road trip and he is still on training so this will be a big test for him. I am worried about snotty people. We are one test from our certification but he is still a bit puppyish. Our trainer adores him because you can touch him or flip him pull his ears or tail and he is nonreactice. He is a great dog for kids. We are working on jumping and licking right now.

Old 07-04-2013, 08:46 AM
Hell's Night Auditor

Quote:
Quoth badgegirl007 View Post
So he can't be startled, ever? What does he do if a car backfires?

People are stupid
He calls the car company's corporate office obviously. LOL

Old 07-04-2013, 09:15 AM
Pune Massacreeist

Maybe he could call the people upstairs who are running a bowling alley over *MY* room in the middle of the night right now.

The front desk here claims it's a thunderstorm! I know my rights! Do something! Fix it!

Old 07-04-2013, 09:26 AM
Jaded. But fun at parties!

Quote:
Quoth bhskittykatt View Post
Me *on the phone with the wife*: "Would you like me to add him to the room so that he can get a key if he needs one in the future?"
SC *shouting over me*: "NO! DON'T ADD ME!"
Hmmmm. Something tells me the woman in that room is NOT his wife, but he is worried his wife or her attorney may at some time come looking to see where he has been - and with whom.

Old 07-04-2013, 02:41 PM
Car Snatcher

Yeah, a "pit bull".

Translation: It was bigger than a chihuahua.

And by the time they're done telling her tale to corporate, they'll make it seem like they had to dial them with a pencil held between her teeth because the vicious mutant pit bull gnawed off both arms and left them as bloody stumps, and the clerk DID NOTHING!!!!!!!

-I'm an expert liar, but still a beginner at people believing them.

Last edited by Argabarga; 07-04-2013 at 02:43 PM.

Old 07-04-2013, 04:29 PM
Mistress of the House of Books

Quote:
Quoth Aislin View Post
I am worried about snotty people.
Snotty person is snotty.

Most important thing to know about them? They matter much, much less than they think they do.
3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

Disclaimer:
My professional areas of expertise are computing and writing: I am not a doctor or a lawyer.
When your health, freedom, etc are at risk, always see a professional.

Old 07-04-2013, 06:01 PM
Front End Supervisor

We don't allow pets at our hotel, but we do of course allow service animals. (although people are always lying and saying their dog is a service dog when it's not-but that's a diferent rant). The other night we had a lady there who had a real service dog, it even had the little vest on. A lady was standing at the desk and saw the dog walk by and she got all upset that there was a dog in the hotel. I told her that it is the law that we have to allow service animals, but she was having none of it, and said she would never stay at our hotel again. Good luck finding a hotel that doesn't take service animals.

Old 07-04-2013, 11:36 PM
Sorry, my giveadamn broke

Quote:
Quoth Desk clerk knows all View Post
We don't allow pets at our hotel, but we do of course allow service animals. (although people are always lying and saying their dog is a service dog when it's not-but that's a diferent rant). The other night we had a lady there who had a real service dog, it even had the little vest on. A lady was standing at the desk and saw the dog walk by and she got all upset that there was a dog in the hotel. I told her that it is the law that we have to allow service animals, but she was having none of it, and said she would never stay at our hotel again. Good luck finding a hotel that doesn't take service animals.
Good, one less twat to deal with.