This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Some me time

My wife and daughter are going out of town for the 4th of July. They'll be gone for four days. Working in a c-store, I never know what my schedule is going to be from week to week. I found out Friday that I have today and tomorrow off.

I was excited at first because I was planning to go on the trip after I found out I was going to be off work. My wife has an ideal schedule at her job, weekdays 8:30 am to 5 pm. Occasionally, she'll have to work on a Saturday, but it's rare. Then, I found out she was planning to be gone until Sunday. I have to work Saturday and Sunday. I was again bummed because I would either have to drive by myself or not go. I just don't enjoy long stretches of driving, but will do it if I have to do it. I opted not to go because it is a 5-hour drive. So, it's just the dog and me this weekend.

I was bummed out at first, like I said. Then, I ran out of my fluoxetine prescription for a few days before I could get more. I had a doctor appointment coming up, but it just didn't time out right. When I'm not on my medication, I become really moody and irritable. Then, Sunday, my area supervisor decided to pull my coworker to another store which left me working a full 8-hour shift by myself. The company opened a new store, and my store has been training all the help for the new store. They sent coworker there, and then I find out it's not even busy. Naturally, customers decided to be extra stupid and obnoxious since I was running the store without any help whatsoever. I was so pissed off I seriously considered quitting the job I've held the last 7 years. I just can't tell you how pissed off I was by the end of my shift Sunday night. Let's just say the combination of that and being off my meds has made for a very rough week.

The only light at the end of the tunnel was being off today and tomorrow. I finally had my doctor's appointment to get more fluoxetine. I'm finally off work. Now, I'm just taking some me time since it's just going to be the dog and me the next few days. I'm thinking about going to see World War Z at the theater today or tomorrow. My wife doesn't like those kind of movies, and my daughter is too young. I may also spend some time reading Under the Dome. I finally borrowed the book from the library since CBS came out with the miniseries. I think I'm also going to start getting ready for a new job hunt because I'm tired of the convenience store life.

Thank you for letting me vent what I've had pent up in my head for the last few days. I'm feeling better than I have all week now that I'm back on my medication and away from work for a couple days.
    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Vent away, that's why we're here! It sounds like you really needed the time away from work. Have fun!
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

With meds like fluoxetine, it's really not good for you to stop taking them suddenly. If you realize in the future that your script is going to run out before you get in for your next appt., call the doctor and have them call in enough to the pharmacy to get you through.
      Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Oh, I know. I had this happen once before, and learned what a mistake it was. This time it just caught me off guard. I'm usually pretty good about keeping track of my medication because I know the consequences of not doing so.

Having this time off to myself has been a blessing. Too bad I have to go back to the hellhole tomorrow. I went to see World War Z as planned, and was able to pay the super bargain matinee price. Too bad the soda and popcorn was more than double the admission price, but I expected that really. After that, I stopped by my store for some beer and Arby's for supper.

My home is within walking distance of where the 4th of July celebration is held in our community. I can see most of the fireworks display from my front yard, which is nice. The worst part was that the noise and activity freaks my dog out, but I was able to keep him calm. It did rain, so I didn't stand outside. I just watched what I could see from the living room window while sitting on the couch with the dog.
        The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

I'll be honest, aur, I look forward to the times my wife is out of town, especially if I have a day or two off during it myself. It's nice to forget about all those little responsibilities you have when your life is so interwoven with another's. Sounds like you spent it well.

Comment

Working...
          X