This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Birds...make a creature.

This is, bar none, without a doubt, the scariest fucking thing I've ever laid eyes on in my life. Once you get done with the "Oh, that's cool" you'll quickly get into the "FLYING MENACING TERROR HOLY SHIT" moment.

http://video.yahoo.com/network/10000...92&l=100000085
    "Maybe the problem just went away...maybe it was the magical sniper fairy that comes and gives silenced hollow point rounds to people who don't eat their vegetables."

They do that at <major estuary> close to where I live. It looks absolutely stunning in real life.
    A PSA, if I may, as well as another.

Comment

I was waiting for them to fly low enough over the road so a car could come through and splatter about 30 or 40 of 'em.
      You're focusing on the problem. If you focus on the problem, you can't see the solution. Never focus on the problem! --From Patch Adams

Comment

I've said it before, I'll say it again. I've seen horror movies that started like this...*runs*
        Today was going to be just one of those days...you know, full of zombies.

Comment

It's mesmerizing.
          Ridiculous 2009 Predictions: Evil Queen will beat Martha Stewart to death with a muffin pan. All hail Evil Queen! (Some things don't need elaboration.....) -- Jester

Ridiculous 2010 Predictions: Evil Queen, after escaping prison for last years prediction, goes out and waffle irons Rachel Ray to death. -- SG15Z

Ridiculous 2011 Prediction: Evil Queen will beat Gordon Ramsay over the head with a cast-iron skillet. -- FireHeart

Comment

Uhhhh...

Does "The Birds" ring a bell?

As awesomly mesmerizing as that is, I dont think I couldve sat still long enough to film that, Id be busy running.

Comment

heh that's what i was thinking. .... Alfred Hitchcock is there!

Comment

I know I wouldn't want to be under them when <ahem> "Nature Calls".

B
                "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."- Albert Einstein.
                I never knew how happy paint could make people until I started selling it.

Comment

Being an animal lover, I find these huge flocks more mesmerizing than scary. As long as they decide not to fly directly overhead, I'm fine.

Comment

It looks like they're following the air currents. Very neat.

Comment

That is amazing at how well synchronized they are.
                      Quote Dalesys:
                      ... as in "Ifn thet dawg comes at me, Ima gonna shutz ma panz!"

Comment

So hypnotic, its like a lava lamp......

Beautiful Bet they were having fun with the currents
                        "Getting to the top is optional. Getting down is mandatory." _Ed Viesturs
                        "Love what you do. If you haven't found it yet, keep looking, and don't settle" Steve Jobs

Comment

As far as synchronisation goes, this is well-known as "flocking behaviour". Computer simulations decades ago showed that very simple rules for each individual bird could produce similar behaviour.

Comment

Working...
                          X