X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Survey: Retail workers don't give a crap about their employers

http://consumerist.com/2013/02/04/su...-to-employers/

Although this seems pretty obvious, there are a few things from the article I'd like to point out.

- A quoted source says companies shouldn't expect much from retail workers they only pay $12 to $14/hour. Hahahahahahahahaha!! What store is this guy working at?? I've never made even CLOSE to that working retail. Heck, my MANAGER at the games store doesn't even get $14/hr.

- When I started at Gamestore I actually felt pretty in line with the company and its goals, but as the years have passed, I've gotten more and more disenfranchised because of the endless stream of BS I've seen coming out of corporate in the time I've been there.

Just about every company I've worked for as a frontline employee has demonstrated they do not give a crap about the peons. The only exception to this was (you guessed it) a small, locally owned business where the owner was also the manager and treated his employees well.

- The study also found that companies whose employees were more engaged with the company provided - GASP! - better customer service! How about that?

- It also suggests a way to remedy the problem is for companies to start - GASP! - training their employees better AND paying them MORE! What an incredible concept!

Of course we all know that's not going to happen. Peons are going to keep getting treated like Peons.
    "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant
Working...
X